Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Feb 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

I'm a rollercoaster enthusiast and my expectations going on this was low but as some others have pointed out, it is without doubt one of the smoothest rollercoasters I have ever been on. That is a testament to Vekoma and the transformation that company has undergone following the roughness of some of their older models.

As for the experience, I loved it and yes it is short but what are you expecting for a ride with a height restriction of 97cm?
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

It gets a 9/10 from our kids/family.
Just loses 1 point as it is over too quickly.
Great theme and a very smooth roller coaster.
After the ride you get a video on your magic band photos which is a great bonus.
It is one of the best kids coasters we have been on.
I am not sure what else Disney could have done with a rollercoaster in Fantasyland which is primarily for young kids.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

I'm with you on this. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about but then again I also can't understand why people queue for over an hour or use a fast pass for Peter Pans Flight.
I'd probably not queue for more than half an hour for this one but it's a good choice if you get into the park early or are there late.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

I was disapointed that the faces where all done by projections, im a stickler for old school animatronics - a art thats really being phased out by all theme parks (i get why, expensive, hard to maintain etc but pirates of the caribean blows me away every time).
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

the swaying of the carts makes me feel ill!

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We were very much in the camp of the OP on our first ride - all a bit underwhelmed with it. I guess, simply, our expectations were too high.

We really enjoy it now though - it's as smooth as butter, great fun and provides a bit of a thrill but is not so extreme that it puts people off.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Syjen View Post
I realize I'm swimming against the tide with this, but does anyone else just not understand why this is such a popular ride?
It's popular because it's the newest ride at MK and WDW promoted it lots. The limited capacity also means that it often gets a long queue, meaning that the fastpasses were very popular for it. Also social media keeps saying how popular it is, thus resulting in a vicious circle (or self-fulfilling prophecy, whatever).

Like you, we were underwhelmed by it. Oh, it's a nice ride and the animatronics in the mine are very good, but it doesn't warrant the popularity. My main issue with it is that it's short - the ride is over before you know it!

For me, it's better than the Barnstormer but not as good as Big Thunder Mountain.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
We loved it! We were lucky enough to ride it 6 times in a row this very day last year 😭
They actually change the speed and sway depending on the average age of the riders, we prefer it fast!
I'm so glad you wrote this. I knew there was a difference when we rode it in 2017 and 2019. My family thought I was going made 😂
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
I'm so glad you wrote this. I knew there was a difference when we rode it in 2017 and 2019. My family thought I was going made 😂
Nope not going mad! We were disappointed when really early small kids got on as it was a lot slower! The next time the mum said go for it! It sped up massively!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Very cute but a ‘one and done’ for us.
Dazed is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List