Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Feb 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

What can you tell me about The Keys to the Kingdom Tour

I've seen a little bit of info on this tour but it would be great to hear from someone who has experienced it. How good is it? What are the highlights? What is lunch like? (very important) and more important...would an 11yr old enjoy it?

We have no idea if we will get to Florida this year and even less idea if this tour will be offered but I'd love to know more just in case.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Sorry but an 11yr old wont be able to go on it. It's 16 minimum with photo ID required when you check in.

It's really good though, highlight for me was the Utilidors. Lunch is counter service, ours was Tomorrowland Terrace.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We really enjoyed it, however I don’t think children are allowed on it, I thought under 16 but I may be wrong. Our children were too young for it and so they stayed with my parents and went in rides while we did the tour.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We did the family magic tour one year, and I put a bit about it on post 25 on this thread. I really should have finished this report 😂
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We did it a few years ago. Lunch was at Columbia Harbour House, and we got priority on a couple of rides. Highlight was the tour of the utilidors. Was very interesting, and learned quite a bit.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks guys. Sad that the kids can't come on the tour/Great that the kids can't come on the tour! (Lunchtime cocktails you say? what a good plan!) We can leave them with their uncle and cousins in the park.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Went with a couple of friends a few years ago.

Highlights - going behind the scenes, seeing the fabled utilidors, seeing parade floats in storage, learning more MK trivia.

Lunch was at Tomorrowland Terrace. It was the standard fast food type, when we first checked in for the tour they asked us to choose what option we wanted for lunch (I think there were 2 or 3 options). I don't remember being that impressed by the lunch...

Oh and as others have mentioned you get to go on a couple of rides during the tour too!
Old 10 Feb 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We did this a few years ago, and loved it. Pros and cons below :

Pros : Utilidors, absolutely amazing to be in there. We got a tour of the costume department, and saw some of the Princesses in the make-up department. We also got to see where the pin-trading pins are checked in and out, and we got to walk some of the corridors leading to different areas of the Magic Kingdom, seeing all the signage. We learnt loads of fun facts and really enjoyed ourselves. Lunch was at Columbia Harbor House, we had a roped off area upstairs all to ourselves and we had ordered lunch on arrival at the tour, so it was all there ready for us. Our tour guide sat at our table as all the other tables were full, and she chatted to us about all sorts of things Disney! We were taken through a side door and onto the Haunted Mansion ride, bypassing the queue area. We had a fabulous tour of the parade float storage area, seeing the backs of a lot of the ride buildings, and learning lots of things about the parades.

Cons : the only downside is that it is a LOT of walking, although the tour guide does make sure that anyone who is flagging gets a seat nearby while the rest of the tour is shown different areas, if necessary. We did get given a bottle of water each at the start, and there are lots of opportunities for restroom breaks throughout the tour.

Hope this helps!
Old 10 Feb 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

It was a great tour and one of the highlights of our holiday!
We had such a lovely tour guide, so interesting and knew so much about Disney as well as seeming to actually really love working for Disney. So enthusiastic and full of energy!
We were concerned that we would find all the walking and standing in the heat too tiring but our guide always managed to stop in the shade and give us time to rest.
Lunch was at Pacos bill with tables reserved and the bonus of all the selection from the toppings bar on every table ( I don’t usually go to the toppings bar, too scared of who has touched it before me!)
It’s a very interesting tour!
Old 10 Feb 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

It’s my favourite tour at WDW , lots of walking but so worth i5 for the things you see and experiences you get, the utiladors are def a highlight it’s like a small city under the park, you pick ur lunch from a laminated sheet and it’s waiting for you , you also get a keys to the kingdom pin . I can’t see them starting tours again this year but you never know, but if you get the chance go, book as far as you can in advance as the tour more often than not sells out

Edited at 06:41 PM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List