Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
People are going for it at the moment as they expect things to tighten up after the Chancellors autumn statement - the market seems very nervous.
Think this is true, I have been reading the number of sales falling through is growing.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

It really is bad timing on our behalf I think.

The problem is I've accepted a new job, a fantastic opportunity I'd be mad to turn down. But it's 9-5 meaning I can't pick up kids from school, we live the other side of town, there's no simple bus route and my youngest is only 10 and at a different school to his older sister. We really need to be within walking distance for them.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Think this is true, I have been reading the number of sales falling through is growing.
My step sons has just fallen through. Buyer was made redundant.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Really sorry to hear that, I hope they can find another buyer very soon.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Things are slowly progressing here, we officially put our house on the market last weekend and it's now SSTC. We've our mortgage in principal and 90% is a possibility if we're willing to change providers. Looks likely we'll switch from halifax to barclays.

Finding a house is the most challenging part. The one we really liked we got some professional advice who told us it was unlikely to be mortgagable. Our next attempt we offered asking price and they went with a cash buyer instead. Our 3rd attempt this week we offered over the asking and they've gone with 1st time buyers.

Viewed another property on Thursday and really liked it, ticked off plenty of our wants. Put an offer in Friday morning when the agents opened and they'd already received 3 others. They were going ahead with viewings they already had booked in today and have said they'll let us know Monday but fair to say it's very unlikely. Hopefully being officially SSTC will help strengthen our position rather than being under offer like we were last time.

Such a stressful anxious feeling. I hope others who were struggling are in better positions now.
Old 20 Feb 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

I’m pleased you’ve made progress OP, it is such an awful process at the best of times but during the pandemic is a whole other thing! We went through it all last year, hardest several months of my life but we got through it. Is going into rented an option whilst you wait for the right house to come along?
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Pleased to hear things are moving the right direction.

We always put off moving as hate the process. Keep going and you will find the right house for you to make your next home.
Dazed is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Recieved a phone call at 4pm, offer accepted! Can't quite believe it. Loved it so much but didn't want to get hopes up. Loads of room and great layout for us. Still worried something will go terribly wrong but at this moment we have a house :-)
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Things are slowly progressing here, we officially put our house on the market last weekend and it's now SSTC. We've our mortgage in principal and 90% is a possibility if we're willing to change providers. Looks likely we'll switch from halifax to barclays.

Finding a house is the most challenging part. The one we really liked we got some professional advice who told us it was unlikely to be mortgagable. Our next attempt we offered asking price and they went with a cash buyer instead. Our 3rd attempt this week we offered over the asking and they've gone with 1st time buyers.

Viewed another property on Thursday and really liked it, ticked off plenty of our wants. Put an offer in Friday morning when the agents opened and they'd already received 3 others. They were going ahead with viewings they already had booked in today and have said they'll let us know Monday but fair to say it's very unlikely. Hopefully being officially SSTC will help strengthen our position rather than being under offer like we were last time.

Such a stressful anxious feeling. I hope others who were struggling are in better positions now.
We had lots of ups and downs on our buying journey but very happy with the house we bought and making it our home. Yes we've had snags along the way but happy to put money into it for long term benefit.

Our completion was less than 6 weeks from putting in the offer and had so much work done in the last 2 months we call the plumber uncle Phil when he's not around
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm glad you found your new home!

This one is pretty much move straight in and do nothing condition thankfully. We'll need a fair bit as we've put off replacing lots recently whilst waiting to see what happened so sofa, 2 out of 3 beds, and a couple of wardrobes won't be going with us. Dining room wouldn't look right either so lots of purchases on the horizon.

6 weeks would be amazing! I'd be happy with 2 months-ish