Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Feb 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

It's best to book an early time, 8am for me, due to the heat. With the 5 hours of walking, there's not much sitting down, but the Guide tries to keep you in shade when standing still listening through your headphones.

Think we did Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion rides and ? Favourite part was the Utilidors and back stage where they keep the parade floats.
Lunch was pre ordered from a menu at start and I ate in Tomorrowland Terrace. You also got a free bottle of water too. Make sure you take your name cards at the restaurant!

It's a great tour, really enjoyed it despite it being very hot. Sadly no under 16s.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We did it in mid January and absolutely loved it. Did the Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise and ate at Colombia Harbor House.

We loved all the info about the MK. I wouldn't do it in the heat of summer though.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We did it in August so opted for an early tour to avoid the worst of the heat. It was fantastic, so much info crammed in. We loved every minute and can’t think of a single negative thing. Lunch was at the Columbia Harbor House and was fine. DS1 is a wheelchair user and the CM automatically steered the whole group towards ramps and dropped kerbs, when he needed to use an elevator the CM discreetly spoke into his walkie talkie and another staff member appeared to assist - can’t praise them enough!
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did it in 2019 and it was amazing - loved every second. We booked for 8am and it was brilliant to be in a near empty park. All the info was interesting and we were taken under the rope and into Adventureland and seeing it without people was lovely. Lunch in reserved area in pecos bills. We liked going round the back of splash mountain behind the scenes to see the floats etc and the utilidors are surreal. Seeing the characters rushing around in half their costumes, lunch areas, make up etc has made the ‘stage’ part even better. Would love to do next we go as I think each cast member would bring something different. If you get the chance it is definitely worth it!
Old 14 Feb 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I went last August, it was a delayed Christmas present. We had lunch at Pecos Bills.
I'd second what the others have said, but for me a fascinating sight was the reservoir for splash mountain.
It's also worth noting that you have headsets so there are no problems hearing the guide as you go round.

As for the walking, if you would describe yourself as able bodied and comfortable doing "normal" walking, then it's fine.
Old 15 Feb 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

It was the best day of my life. Not for someone new to the world of Disney, but for the frequent visitor it’s just amazing!

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

It's probably the best tour there is. The utilidors are great as everyone always mentions but that aside you will learn so much and appreciate things you hadn't even noticed before. At the end of the tour you are likely to think "right, which tour next!" I promise every visit to Magic Kingdom after the tour will be different because of what you learnt on the tour. If you go with people that have not done the tour it's great to share with them some of the secrets.
But lunch is just lunch, fills you up, gives you some time in the cool to rest your feet but it's not memorable.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

The whole tour is amazing, informative, nostaglic and entertaining...but yes, it's hard work on the feet and ankles.

There's can be a fair bit of standing around with nowhere to sit so you're switching from side to side to ease the ol' ankles and hips, but that's just minor really.

If you're considering it, then you won't regret it. Going thru some of the behind the scenes areas and (in our case) walking straight on Haunted Mansion will stay with me forever.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

So many great reviews. I think this may have to be added to the plan for Me and Mrs McFluff. It's a shame the kids can't join us but I'm sure their Uncle G will be just overjoyed to add our two to his clan for the morning.
Thanks as ever to the wonderful people of the Dibb.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Im going to do this ! Hopefully in September - always wanted to do it, but I have never got around to it