Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
We've been chatting about next years hols what to do ect and oldestyour child is growing up. How old are your other chikdren DS 16 says we've done orlando/Disney loads so wants to go somewhere else 😩.
I love our Orlando holidays and I know its daft but its upset me a bit.
I don't know what to do now want to book something to look forward to.
I think perhaps you are upset because it's a sign your child is growing up, I remember being upset when my eldest stopped holidaying with us at not much older than this. How old are your other children? Maybe have a think about having a change, California sounds like a good compromise to me.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Don’t worry they come back with GFs in tow then wife’s then you get reinstated as chief buggy pusher when the grandkids come along or even better get to take the grandkids without mum and dad tagging along
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My son was the same when he was 18, so we had a great trip to New York instead. The next near he didn’t want to come again as he wanted to do festivals etc so i went with just my daughter. I was really upset but we had such a brilliant time we did the same again the following year when he worked an an American camp. He is still not keen on Disney, but does like universal, so we might to that. I get why he does not want to do Disney and that makes me sad so I’m hoping when he has children we can all go together again then! I think it is a bit bittersweet when then want to do their own thing, but I’m also pleased that he is independent and has now travelled to some of the places he wants to see. Being a parent is hard sometimes!
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

My young teen and dh were feeling a bit like that so we went to California for our last holiday in February 2020 (I’ve done a trip report if that helps). We all had a fantastic time and really enjoyed it and I’m a die hard Disneyworld fan. We’ve had to reschedule this February’s Disneyworld trip and now both the teen and dh are really looking forward to getting back. Absence makes the heart grow fonder as they say.
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

One word CALIFORNIA!
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

From 18 I never went on holiday with my parents again anyway.
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
We've been chatting about next years hols what to do ect and oldest DS 16 says we've done orlando/Disney loads so wants to go somewhere else 😩.
I love our Orlando holidays and I know its daft but its upset me a bit.
I don't know what to do now want to book something to look forward to.
I wish I had this problem - we're off to Orlando this year if permitted, but I want to do California next year and my two boys (15/16) don't want to do that as there won't be as many Disney parks... We've done Florida about 7 times in the last 9 years and I want a change. Decided that I'll wait until they don't want to come at all and do a road trip with DH!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Had that with dd between 10 and 13, it’s just a phase, at 14 she’s now back to obsessed and planning every ride and food item 10 moths ahead😂
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Depends , if all you do is parks then maybe ring the changes , if onsite is your thing , perhaps a week in a villa and a week cruising . If you like driving maybe fly into a different part of the US and out of Orlando etc ... or just say “fine stay with grandma for two weeks”
What do they want to do instead ?

(I turned down a cruise to NYC and Boston at 17 , I look back now and wonder what I was thinking but it was time for me to strike out and was right for me at the time)

Edited at 01:19 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Don’t worry they come back with GFs in tow then wife’s then you get reinstated as chief buggy pusher when the grandkids come along or even better get to take the grandkids without mum and dad tagging along
This is so true! I stopped going with my parents at 17 (I cried when the day they flew off to Florida without me for the first time with my brother!). But by 25 I was back to annual trips to Florida with them with boyfriend/now husband tagging along. Now they get to see their granddaughter experiencing all the magic too.

Definitely try California instead. We visited when I was about 15 - I still think of Six Flags Magic Mountain as my fave theme park for the sheer number of rollercoasters it has. I want to go back once daughter is a little bit older.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List