Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Dec 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Plan B...

So we have booked for August 2021, but depending on the restrictions we may move it as we are traveling with a toddler for the first time.

We are considering when we would like to move it to as August 2022 would be so far away! We are tied to school holidays but actually work in another country so options are:
-1 week in October.
- Easter break 2 weeks
- August

We like to spend Christmas with family so not considering it.

is Easter really as crowded as they say? Weather wise would be much better but I worry it is as awfully crowded as they say. It would be Easter week and the week after...
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Right with you on this...we have two aged 6 & 2. Mask wearing and restrictions in parks are putting me off August 2021 which is when we are due to go.

I've been at Easter before. One week before the hols and 2nd week during. Literally went from reasonable one day to huge queues the following and we realised how glad we were that most rides were done in our first week. Weather was great but crowds put me off. We are probably thinking summer 2022 now
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

I know, the main thing that would make us move it is mask wearing as I don't think it will be possible for my two year old in that heat! Our Easter break is usually Easter week and the week after, so I'm not sure how busy it would be then...
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’m another one who’s considering moving to 2022. My kids are a little older so tbh it’s not even that masks that’s putting me off too much. For me it’s the uncertainty, of what travel restrictions will be in place. I’ve never cancelled a holiday before but I am really thinking of moving things back a year.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

We are booked for August 21. Only payed a deposit so far (booked flights a fly/drive with BA) and the rest not due until June so we will wait until then before making a more solid decision. Kids will be 11 and 13 by then so not too concerned about mask wearing etc. Just hoping that a week onsite at Disney and Universal and then a week on the beach might be just the thing to put a spring back into our steps!

Easter was crowded when we went back in 2018 but it was nothing too crazy. Fast Passes and ADR's helped avoid the queues but most of the parks were fine.

The weather was absolutely lovely, very hot and only a few rain showers! We headed down to Naples on Easter Sunday and spent a week there. Spring break was over by Easter Monday and so things were pretty quiet down in Naples. You might find that the weather is better for a toddler in spring.

Vaccines and a new President over in the US might help turn the tide in Florida. Biden seems ready to treat it much more seriously than the current chap! If things look better by June we will probably still go. I'm looking forward to seeing new face in the Hall of Presidents. It must have been tough making Donald (not that Donald!) look presidential!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Thank you for your positive post! We also have a fly drive and booking with Disney so only deposits paid and easy to move dates /cancel.
I feel by August things must be much better but some days feeling really negative about it! We also have our payment due in June and will make a decision then, hopefully things are better and masks not necessary...

We have only been in August and although it’s really really hot, crowds are great.
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are booked for August. Some days i think we will be good to go others I think we will have to postpone. We can change up till May so I feel by then we will have a better idea!
Old 26 Dec 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Hello! why until may? We are booked for August but our payment not due until June !
Old 27 Dec 20, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Aurora2018 View Post
We have only been in August and although it’s really really hot, crowds are great.
We've been during August a couple of times and we've had a great time. The parks are less crowded at this time of year and although it's very hot and more humid, we soon got used it it. We were rained off a few times last August but that's all part of the experience.

What have you booked? We are staying a week in OKW then off to Hard Rock at Universal for a couple of nights before heading down to the beach for a week somewhere on the gulf coast.

We are in need of some happy times and where better than WDW to escape the stresses and worries of everyday life. Disney is a magical place, easy to relax and immerse yourself in the sights and sounds. It's hard to think of anything better than strolling around Pandora, World Showcase or the Magic Kingdom with happy children and the knowledge that a great cocktail is within a few hundred yards at all times.

A week in a villa near the beach is pretty much all about chilling out together on the beach, eating great food and relaxing by the pool. Soaking up the American vibe, watching US television, getting takeout etc.

Fingers crossed for a positive 2021. See you in the parks!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

We have fly drive with BA and a week in Disney AOA suite (my mum is coming with us, it will be her first time so I also worry it will be a good experience for her). Then we will book a week in Lake Buena Vista village resort and spa (haven’t booked yet). Last time we went was in 2016 lots have happened since then and we have been desperate to go back!

I agree, we are in serious need of Disney magic and family time. Hopefully we get to go and masks are not mandatory. I will be so disappointed if we can’t, fingers crossed!

Your trip plan sounds amazing, where in the gulf coast are you planning to go?