Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Feb 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
alibongo
Trying for More Ears

Best disney hotel

Hi
Hoping to travel to Disney 2022. I am looking for recommendations for best on-site Disney Accommodation .
Its for 2 adults and 3 children ,4 6 and 9 years old
Thank you
Old 7 Feb 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TinksandFlynn
Excited about Disney

Our all time favourite is Port Orleans Riverside. As a family of 5 we could all fit in one room and so save a bit on costs. It’s a beautiful resort and I would definitely return when it opens again.
TinksandFlynn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Contemporary Resort - can't beat being in walking distance of MK with young kids.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

One person’s best is another person’s worst.
I agree with Dr above with kids that young, Contemporary, or even better a 1 bed DVC at Bay Lake would be a great option.
Old 7 Feb 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Depends on budget;

Port Orleans Riverside is a great resort and will fit five but the rooms are a bit basic - no proper wardrobe!

Contemporary - great to walk to MK but I don't think the resort is very kid friendly - one of the worst pools on property

Grand Floridian - now with the new walking path a 1 bed DVC villa could be a great choice and the beach pool is great with young kids

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 1 bed villa - superb resort and fabulous for kids with views of the animals from most of the rooms. The pool is also great and they do awesome activities for children throughout the day.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Best is highly subjective.

I suspect that if you asked enough regular WDW visitors of the money-no-object best hotel, the Grand Floridian would come out on top, but there would be lots in favour of the likes of the Contemporary, Polynesian, Yacht/Beach Club and others going for the Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Boardwalk.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Presume you mean best to accommodate 5 of you
I would say fort wilderness cabins as you have bunk beds in the bedroom as well as a double and then a sofa bed in the living room
We stayed at port Orleans riverside with 3 of us and the rooms are very snug!
5 of you in one room might feel a bit cramped
Old 7 Feb 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

It depends on what you want to pay really, I loved the Poly and The Beach Club when it was just the two of us, but when we were with family the suites in Art of Animation were fab, great for families of your size,we stayed in Finding Nemo and the Cars suites.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by alibongo View Post
Hi
Hoping to travel to Disney 2022. I am looking for recommendations for best on-site Disney Accommodation .
Its for 2 adults and 3 children ,4 6 and 9 years old
Thank you
Not including the Swan / Dolphin, there are 19 hotels in WDW so you will probably get 19 different answers on here (assuming someone loves All Star Sports)

If you give us more ideas on budget, if you are driving, if you have thoughts about which parks you will use most, etc you'll get some better ideas on here to help you.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Vote for 1 bed Villa at OKW, loads of space!

GF is fantastic but we sometimes feel a little under dressed with our Disney attire!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List