Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 21 May 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Natanddaz, I so sad to read what your family is going through. This absolutely HAS to be a magical holiday for you all. It's such a shame that POFQ apparently doesn't have rooms for 5. We're here now after fighting for a move, and we're just thrilled with every aspect of the hotel. So much so we both were just saying, this is without doubt our hotel of choice from now on. But that's no help to you I know. I'm keeping everything crossed for you that you'll hear back from your email with a solution that works for you. And I'm sending a big hug too xx
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Miammy View Post
So guys, can you clarify for me that there's nopoint in putting in a claim to ABTA after all?

I'm in the offered both £50prpn off invoice and the generic "dear guest" gift card email a few days later camp.

I have also tried and tried to get WDTC Uk to put it writing that I will get both but won't budge and my last email ended with Dale saying that (I think) that they're two separate offers and that WDTC won't go back on their comp offer but you have to take your email to resort to see the vailidity of their gift card offer.

So I doubt that means I will get it but I feel like I don't want to let this go simply because they keep "passing the buck" quite literally x
we are all hoping Disney will do the right thing and although abta are their lackies its still worth a claim their in the first instance - although they are just the industry body and you can take them to small claims using moneyclaim online if you get no joy with abta.

they don't want to give this - but they have offered it.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
we are all hoping Disney will do the right thing and although abta are their lackies its still worth a claim their in the first instance - although they are just the industry body and you can take them to small claims using moneyclaim online if you get no joy with abta.

they don't want to give this - but they have offered it.
Okay thankyou PM x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
we are all hoping Disney will do the right thing and although abta are their lackies its still worth a claim their in the first instance...
So true.

If ABTA do not summarily dismiss any approach, (unlikely), they will offer arbitration. ABTA rules apply, so its loaded against you. You essentially volunteer to surrender your rights under the Package Travel Regs. (Assuming it was a package you booked).

which/consumer-righ...el-regulations

Say for example you spent £10000 on a 14 night package family deal which you had saved 3 years for and are unlikely to be able to afford again.

And lets say the entire experience was ruined by some event the tour operator is liable for, mid holiday.

The first thing ABTA do in arbitration for example, is deduct the cost of the flights and week 1 of the accommodation from the total liable for compensation, since those weren't substandard. Same for all the theme park tickets. So you then have your claim based on whatever slice of the pie remains... say, you are fighting for a %age compensation of £1200, not the £10k you spent.

Hardly fair. Book a package and ABTA pretend it wasn't a package. Definitely not your ally.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread