Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 May 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

I agree prices have gone up a lot. I never used to pay more than £1000 for our family of 5 to stay onsite but now I cannot get it for less than that.
We have got 7 nights booked in August at the stay city apartments for £700 (new hotel that does not open until August), and we will buy annual passes with a £260 upfront cost and then £60 a month cost. We will also use Tesco vouchers to pay for the tunnel/ferry.
It’s actually cheaper for us to buy annuals now and either stay onsite with the annual pass discount or stay offsite even if we only go for 1 trip a year.
Old 20 May 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vickiell View Post
I agree prices have gone up a lot. I never used to pay more than £1000 for our family of 5 to stay onsite but now I cannot get it for less than that.
We have got 7 nights booked in August at the stay city apartments for £700 (new hotel that does not open until August), and we will buy annual passes with a £260 upfront cost and then £60 a month cost. We will also use Tesco vouchers to pay for the tunnel/ferry.
It’s actually cheaper for us to buy annuals now and either stay onsite with the annual pass discount or stay offsite even if we only go for 1 trip a year.
Thank you for this 👍

Sadly I can’t use Tesco clubcard vouchers as we would need a minimum five night stay, but that would of been a good choice otherwise.

DH really wants to stay onsite and he’s prepared to pay extra, but I can’t justify the prices at the moment.

We would like to stay at Hotel Cheyenne as it’s the only Disney hotel we’ve yet to stay in, but knowing I can get the Hipark Serris which is closer, cheaper, is another stumbling block for me at present! 🙂

I want to keep it to £1300 max, just because then spending money is easier to manage but at the moment to get that it would mean changing to offsite for the last night, which seems a faff for such a short break, especially when it’s not a cheap one! ☹️
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Thank you for this 👍

Sadly I can’t use Tesco clubcard vouchers as we would need a minimum five night stay, but that would of been a good choice otherwise.

DH really wants to stay onsite and he’s prepared to pay extra, but I can’t justify the prices at the moment.

We would like to stay at Hotel Cheyenne as it’s the only Disney hotel we’ve yet to stay in, but knowing I can get the Hipark Serris which is closer, cheaper, is another stumbling block for me at present! 🙂

I want to keep it to £1300 max, just because then spending money is easier to manage but at the moment to get that it would mean changing to offsite for the last night, which seems a faff for such a short break, especially when it’s not a cheap one! ☹️
What's your party make-up and the dates that you're looking at?

I've never used, or seen anyone say they've used the website you asked about, so I can't help there. Sorry. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
What's your party make-up and the dates that you're looking at?

I've never used, or seen anyone say they've used the website you asked about, so I can't help there. Sorry. X
There are 4 of us (DH & myself plus two boys aged 12 & 15). Ideally we want to catch an early ferry on Tuesday 20th August, so that we can be in the parks for later in the afternoon and evening. Stay 3 nights at Hotel Cheyenne and then a later ferry back on Friday 23rd August to overnight in Dover ready to meet family the next day.

Alternatively we could go a day later, but then would miss using the 4th Park day, as would need to leave DLP in the morning to get an afternoon ferry back to Dover by mid afternoon.

Finally the cheapest way I’m considering is - 2 nights Hotel Cheyenne from Wednesday 21/8, with three days park tickets, but so as to not miss the last full day, switching to an offsite hotel at park closing, just sleep there and then get up on sat am and get the early afternoon ferry home. Just can’t decide if that is too much faffing around to save a couple of hundred pounds?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Did you add your transport separately?

It's coming in at approx £1292 on the French website at the moment, without transport. They have 30% off and free under 12s, it's a shame that your youngest is 12!

£1382 ish on the German website, 25% off and a free €200 Disney gift card.

Both cheaper than the £1387.53 that's coming up on the UK site.

I just put in birthdays that should make your boys the right age, but I have brain fog today, so might have miscalculated. I'm pretty sure that I did it right, though.

However, if your bank/card charges for conversion or a fee for foreign transactions, the saving might not be worth it, or even there. Xx

P.s this is using conversion on Google. Obviously that's subject to change. X

Edited at 01:10 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
Did you add your transport separately?

It's coming in at approx £1292 on the French website at the moment, without transport. They have 30% off and free under 12s, it's a shame that your youngest is 12!

£1382 ish on the German website, 25% off and a free €200 Disney gift card.

Both cheaper than the £1387.53 that's coming up on the UK site.

I just put in birthdays that should make your boys the right age, but I have brain fog today, so might have miscalculated. I'm pretty sure that I did it right, though.

However, if your bank/card charges for conversion or a fee for foreign transactions, the saving might not be worth it, or even there. Xx

P.s this is using conversion on Google. Obviously that's subject to change. X
Thank you so much for taking the time to do that for me, that’s really kind.

On the DLParisdirect website it included the ferry which was why I think they were cheapest, but as I’ve now read mixed reviews with them, I think I might just book direct - thank you so much x
Old 20 May 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to do that for me, that’s really kind.

On the DLParisdirect website it included the ferry which was why I think they were cheapest, but as I’ve now read mixed reviews with them, I think I might just book direct - thank you so much x
No worries. I looked at the Spanish and Belgian too. Spanish was more, Belgian the same as the French one. X
Old 21 May 19, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have paid £1347 for 3 nights between Xmas and new year for 3 adults (ds will be 18) including half board plan and tickets. We have than booked flights separately.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I work off a maximum of £500pp based on four nights, and including flights (I live in the North West). I’ve always found the two nights free offer the best but this time we’ve got a 30% off deal because we booked quite late.

It’s always annoyed me too that we pay for tickets for every day but then don’t get to use them fully so I think you’ve got a good idea staying off site the last night. 👍
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

So I took the plunge and booked today for 21/8-24/8!

£1242.17 total for 2 adults and 2 boys (ages 12 & 15) - that’s for an overnight stay in Dover, ferry crossings, 2 night package at Hotel Cheyenne inc 3 day park tickets and then one night offsite at B&B hotel Torcy with breakfast.

A bit extravagant as a pre-cruise add on, but definitely the cheapest way I could find to book this late in the day!👍