Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 May 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

We got caught out once when staying at a villa. Our flight should have arrived in Orlando mid-afternoon and we were knew that there was a supermarket next to the box where we were collecting our the keys to the villa. Because of the supermarket location we didn’t pack any teabags, breakfast bits etc but then our flight was delayed by hours and hours so by the time we collected our keys the supermarket had closed so we didn’t have any milk or teabags until the next morning when we drove back out to the shops. As you can imagine after the long flight delay, the flight itself and then awful queues through immigration we were feeling pretty miserable the next morning without our caffeine or breakfast fix (these were the days before internet delivery services). I do now pack a few cereal bars in case of emergencies. We stay onsite now and the only thing I pack are the Robinson’s mini squeezy drinks that I add to our iced water around the pool.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

Absolutely no food makes it off the plane. We only pack snacks for travelling and one of the first ports of call is a supermarket. The only thing I take with us is a few dishwasher tabs and tabs for washing machine - purely because buying boxes of these makes no sense for the hand full of cycles that get ran while we're away. My daughter also has sensitive skin so we like to stick with the same washing product, its challenge enough dealing with the effect of the heat!
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I take cereal, candy, chips (crisps) and nuts to munch around the parks - doing an onsite solo trip so no walmart for me this time.

Always declare if they ask and have only been scanned once - and told once candy does not count.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Would you recommend all food in one case if it needs checking or spreading out over all cases for party incase a bag goes missing?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I always bring my own chocolate too! The american brands just don't do it for me
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
I take cereal, candy, chips (crisps) and nuts to munch around the parks - doing an onsite solo trip so no walmart for me this time.

Always declare if they ask and have only been scanned once - and told once candy does not count.
I got a funny look once when I said that I had crisps
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Can milk be bought onsite? Just wondering if I take tea bags and coffee for the first early morning wake up where can I get milk?
Disneysocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yes, the small ones that the kiddies get with their meals that does me for a few teas. Sometimes I use the creamer that’s available in the food courts. Saw the big milks in the shop at Animal Kingdom and Grand Floridian they cater for those staying in villas.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m gluten free and last time I went just took a few GF bits with me as I’d done an order on Garden Grocer.
Ended up binning a lot of the GF stuff bought in the US as I didn’t like the taste or flavour.
This time around I’m taking my own supplies, I hope that muffins/ cake/hot cross buns/bread is okay to take into the country, I can’t see that they wouldn’t but maybe they might query the dried fruit in the buns/ muffins?
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...r-personal-use
Dried fruit seems ok.
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List