Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Jun 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nomy
Apprentice Imagineer

Nomy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can someone help with M&G Plus parking at Manchester

Just about to book our parking and wondered if someone can help explain exactly how the M&G Plus actually works and differs from the standard M&G. I'm curious how the fast pass through security works or if indeed it's worth the extra?

Also, on the website it states the pass is for 2 people. What if there are 3 in the group?

Many thanks!
Sept 2010 - Chatham Park DIBB Villa
Oct 2016 - Sunset View, High Grove Dibb Villa
Nomy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

M&G plus includes 2 Fasttrack security tickets and "priority drop off and pickup", whatever priority means.

I wouldn't be paying extra for it. Security is usually quick enough. If you wanted to though you could pay separately for an extra persons fast track.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

The plus just typically refers to the security fast-track included. When we used this last in April and saved about 5 minutes in the security queue but that was about it, possibly because it was a midweek flight, it may be more beneficial on a saturday in late july?
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have booked meet and greet a few times over the last 3 years. You drive up the ramp to terminal 2, drive pass the old drop off area go right to the end then turn right into the top of the car park. You park in a line take your luggage out then go into the airport and on the far right you hand in your keys. You then book in and go to security. At peak times of the year I book the fast passes, it does save you time last year a friend of mine waited over 1/2 an hour to get through security, we took at the most 10 minutes. As they say it’s swings and round abouts. Always had a positive experience.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Parking: Get 20% off Meet & Greet and 15% off all other car park booking options arriving any time at Manchester Airport when booked via the links within this email before midnight 9th June 2019.

Lounges: 15% off Escape Lounge and 1903 Lounge bookings arriving at any time at Manchester Airport when booked via the links within this email before midnight 9th June 2019.

FastTrack: 15% off Passport Control FastTrack and Security FastTrack tickets at Manchester Airport, when booked via the links within this email before midnight 9th June 2019.

Enter discount code MAN0603 at the checkout. These offers apply to official Manchester Airport products only, and expire at midnight 9th June 2019.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nomy
Apprentice Imagineer

Nomy's Reviews
Thanks folks

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
...You drive up the ramp to terminal 2, drive pass the old drop off area go right to the end then turn right into the top of the car park. You park in a line take your luggage out then go into the airport and on the far right you hand in your keys. You then book in and go to security...
Thanks for the above detail, so you park up, lock the car and take your keys over to the terminal not some hut in the car park itself? Is it obvious where to park?

Thanks again.
Sept 2010 - Chatham Park DIBB Villa
Oct 2016 - Sunset View, High Grove Dibb Villa
Nomy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the above detail, so you park up, lock the car and take your keys over to the terminal not some hut in the car park itself? Is it obvious where to park?

Thanks again.

At T1 the hut is in the car park and is impossible to miss, at T2 the desk is inside departures and very easy to find. We prefer T2 set-up as it is quicker and easier especially on the return when you are tired and crumpled, but both are good.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nomy View Post
Is it obvious where to park?

Thanks again.
At T2 an attendant directs you into a line, and then instructs you where to go with your keys. They also tell you (for example) 'tell the desk you are in the Blue line'
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Mobile

Good to hear they’ve moved the desk inside the terminal now. I’ve stood in a queue in falling snow in the past at T2 M&G so haven’t used it for a while. Might book for December now - especially with the discount kindly shared above.
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Manchester airport is now horrid with hefty fees for waiting outside and slow security. I unfortunately fly from there maybe half a dozen times a year. This time last year I went to Spain for a conference and the queues were like you wouldn't believe- not in school holidays- there's this downstairs bit Jet 2 use and the queue went back to Jet 2 check in desk from security. Last summer I paid for fast pass for the summer holiday and that many people were now paying for fast pass for the security queue that the queue was massive and it took longer than the normal queue. Security re-screened my wife's bag 3 times for no apparent reason (before the security person just gave her it when it was directed to the check bag lane the third time), and they seem incredibly bothered because for example the plastic bag for toiletries is an inch 'too big' (although fine everywhere else). I fly a lot and the security here is a stand out slow in my opinion.
Manchester Airport is more bothered about nickle and diming now than customer service. They seem to sell unlimited security fast pass and don't deliver the service paid for so I'll avoid it now.
As a result of the poor Manchester experience I've booked with Tui from Doncaster this summer, although unfortunately I'm back at Manchester for our Xmas trip as I booked Virgin.
I'm hoping they get the pre clearance going soon to make the pain worth it there, but that seems slow moving.