Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Jun 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Does anyone have the email for Alamo please? we are picking up from Disney Car care centre if we have to email there direct. I am going to ask them for a list of what is included in the standard line up so I can't be told it isn't at a later date. I am sure I read a post where someone was able to argue the point a specific car was a standard class as he had an email from them stating this and in the end they let him have the car.

Tom - any suggestions for a good standard car?
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Does anyone have the email for Alamo please? we are picking up from Disney Car care centre if we have to email there direct. I am going to ask them for a list of what is included in the standard line up so I can't be told it isn't at a later date. I am sure I read a post where someone was able to argue the point a specific car was a standard class as he had an email from them stating this and in the end they let him have the car.

Tom - any suggestions for a good standard car?
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ford Edge

Never ever ever ever accept a Dodge Journey

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

I asked same question via Facebook and Twitter. Standard response is;

Hi, Garry! Thanks for expressing your interest in Alamo for your next trip to Orlando. You may find the Ford Explorer, GMC Terrain, Dodge Journey, and Hyundai Santa Fe in our Standard SUV category. Please feel free to message our team if we can answer any additional questions in the meantime. We hope to see you soon! - DA

Interesting as there are conflicting messages on wether explorer is standard suv or not, Alamo customer service say it is but folk in garage may say different.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ford Edge

Never ever ever ever accept a Dodge Journey
I also second this. We just returned yesterday and the line up in standard was poor. I ended up with a GMC Arcadia due to the little extras it had that suited me. The remote start full leather rear captain seats and sat nav. However my dad took a journey and it was small poor interior no working sat nav no way to link up iPhone for maps etc. He ended up taking it back to Alamo at Disney due to a service light coming on. He wanted to get something different as the journey was so cramped in the rear and so bloody hot, it didn’t even have air vents in the roof for rear passenger and if you even dreamed of anyone on rear seats they were so hot and cramped. Unfortunately as its been said a number of times recently on here Alamo seem to be changing and at Disney all they had to offer was Dodge Journey in every colour. He did get a better spec this time with leather and rear vents but again no Apple play or sat nav. We did try to upgrade at the hut after seeing the original line up but Alamo wouldn’t move on $50 per day for upgrade from standard suv full insurance to Explorer.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

I see Tom says never accept a Dodge Journey, but if there are no alternatives in the line, are you forced to take one?
I remember the line in 2015 having only two Dodge Journeys in it, and Alamo upgraded me without question. Sounds like Alamo have changed (and not in a good way). Starting to wish I had booked with another company now.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
I see Tom says never accept a Dodge Journey, but if there are no alternatives in the line, are you forced to take one?
I remember the line in 2015 having only two Dodge Journeys in it, and Alamo upgraded me without question. Sounds like Alamo have changed (and not in a good way). Starting to wish I had booked with another company now.
If I was faced with a whole row of Dodge Journeys or similar garbage I would be in the CCC the next morning swapping it out for a better car. Those darn warning lights have me worried, plus the low tire pressure light!

Oh, wait. It's a Dodge they don't have warning lights do they. OK it pulls to the left.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi folks looking to see if someone could get me the code for the following. We've booked an Category S with avis... avis site says mid size suv... however BA call it a standard Elite ... should be a traverse or explorer but not sure of other vehicles we might get or try to be fobbed off with... the code would allow me to check...
Thanks guys.
Old 19 Jun 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan & Derek
VIP Dibber

Jan & Derek's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Gone with Hertz for the last four years after clicking to Alamo's inter/standard scam.
When you land you get an email telling you where the car is

Vehicle: LAND ROVER DISCOVRY SPRT
Plate: CGJ5007
Stall: 329
Color: WHITE
Car Class: GLE/XT5/NAUTILUS/DSCSPT5P

When you get to the Hertz booth in the garage your name and stall number will be on an electronic board just incase you didn't get the email. Find the car and drive away.

Derek & Janette
Jan & Derek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jan & Derek View Post
Gone with Hertz for the last four years after clicking to Alamo's inter/standard scam.
When you land you get an email telling you where the car is

Vehicle: LAND ROVER DISCOVRY SPRT
Plate: CGJ5007
Stall: 329
Color: WHITE
Car Class: GLE/XT5/NAUTILUS/DSCSPT5P

When you get to the Hertz booth in the garage your name and stall number will be on an electronic board just incase you didn't get the email. Find the car and drive away.
Hi,

Can I ask, did you book directly with Hertz and/or was the service you received part of their gold rewards programme?

Thanks.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Not worried at all about using Alamo again, will just make sure to check the categories. The last time we had very little choice in the row and nothing we were happy with we got a free upgrade to a full size. Avis on the other hand, the car is already picked for you so we had a choice of 1 rubbish filthy standard, were told take it or leave if it, won’t be using them again.

Edited at 10:21 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List