Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We are going in April and have put in a room request CRS so that we are not near the area they are working on. When we were staying at the FQ when they doing work it did not impact our visit yes they were working during the day and some noise but we were at the opposite side of the work. Until we get there will not know how much it will impact us.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Miss shell
I see ur from Manchester and going a similar time to us my advice keep ur eye on your flights as we were moved by Virgin to one two days later with return date the same loosing two days on the holiday living north the only way we could go on the dates we wanted was to fly from Gatwick no Manchester flight that day it's been a nightmare and Virgin wanted to charge more to fly from Gatwick!
As for hotel I would change if u can por is lovely bet disney would do it for the same price they were great helping me with my flight issue!
Maybe see u there congratulations!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by The Hardys View Post
Miss shell
I see ur from Manchester and going a similar time to us my advice keep ur eye on your flights as we were moved by Virgin to one two days later with return date the same loosing two days on the holiday living north the only way we could go on the dates we wanted was to fly from Gatwick no Manchester flight that day it's been a nightmare and Virgin wanted to charge more to fly from Gatwick!
As for hotel I would change if u can por is lovely bet disney would do it for the same price they were great helping me with my flight issue!
Maybe see u there congratulations!
Many thanks! I'm sure we'll have a great time regardless. We've been POR before and loved but picked CSR as I have a soft spot for it and it came our cheaper..now I know why haha
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

At the end of the day if its 9-5 and behind screens, will it affect your stay that much? Only you will know if that will bother you or not. Fair enough you loose a bit of the view near the cabanas and on the way in/out on the bus, but I don't think it would annoy me that much (but then I love CSR)

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
Is your reservation CBR and you're thinking of moving to CSR? I'd maybe try and see if you can move to POFQ or POR (though not available for my dates! )
My reservation is for CSR but when I called Disney, they said I could change to POR at a cost of £558 extra, going to a value resort I would lose the free dining plan!

So not happy, but then we were considering the CBR and I think I would be fuming if we had paid to stay there and have a building site and practically no facilities!
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmandi
Excited about Disney

Emmandi's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 27
I would honestly suggest staying in CSR and requesting Casitas 5 kind of area. We have stayed at the CSR 5 times and always stayed in Casitas 5. You'll be way over the other side of Lago Dorado and as such I would be HUGELY surprised if you are impacted by building works.
Emmandi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

My parents are staying at CSR in August this year. I think it is unlikely they will be at the resort much between 9am - 5pm anyway so shouldn't be affected too much.

We were at CBR when they were doing some refurbishment work on the bridge in 2015...hardly noticed it.

I have to agree not liking the idea of the tower, but honestly I cant think this work will really ruin anyone's holiday, Disney will try and keep the disturbance to a minimum. Also, I've seen on another thread that everyone changing resorts are having to pay a fee to do so... stuff that!
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

I think people staying at CBR have it a lot worse. I'm miffed because at the risk of sounding like a parrot, it's our honeymoon and i don't want any construction to affect our stay
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to add will definitely look at the Casitas
Old 22 Feb 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
littlemiss7
Getting to know the DIBB

We are staying in CSR later this year for 2 weeks and received the email yesterday about the construction work. We stayed there a few years ago and loved it hence why we chose it again. We have booked everything direct with Disney and I have been trying to get through to them on the phone all morning to speak to them but am been passed from person to person with no luck ! I'm very disappointed with this lack of communication from Disney. Does anyone have a phone number they managed to speak to someone about the construction etc ?
Thank you.
littlemiss7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread