Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lushie View Post
How did it go? Xx
Literally just off the phone with Dale from quest services, moved us to POR upgraded garden view room for £92 so I took it. Very happy x
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorers
VIP Dibber

that is amazing! i just went into my local thomson store and they rang through and was told that I wouldn't be effect as there is 10ft fences covering everything! he didnt see that i did not want to be spending over £2000 to look at 10ft fences! and that even though the rooms i paid for are currently being ripped out, thomson will make sure we would stay in the ranchos.. downgrading our room. he just was not listening to a word i had to say!
Old 23 Feb 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked directly so I do feel for those who have to fight with travel agents etc. I played heavily in the fact it's our honeymoon so maybe they felt sorry for me?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorers
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
I booked directly so I do feel for those who have to fight with travel agents etc. I played heavily in the fact it's our honeymoon so maybe they felt sorry for me?
well I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon because the way they are heading I will be kicking up such a fuss that I might just get arrested:angry:
I have had nothing but trouble with this holiday and I have just about had it. they cancelled our tickets, then booked the wrong one. then they "lost my booking" and tried to charge me the extra money to re-do a booking, charge me £1000 more mind. that was not happening.. they magically found my booking when I threatened to sue. Then they messed up all our flight details! apparently I was an 11 year old girl..
this just tops the cake for me and I am ready to go crazy!
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Currently on hold to guest care - CM this morning said they do not have the construction schedule for October but 9B is definitely down and the south side of casitas will be at some point because thats where they are building the 15 storey tower
My heart is in my mouth at that news about Casitas! I'm guessing this is most likely to be blocks 1-3, these are/were the preferred rooms, I wonder how people who have booked that category are being affected.

We put in a Touring Plans request for block 4 a while ago but now I'm questioning that, but I do not want to be in Ranchos.

We're going September/October and I've been wrestling over what to do. Yesterday I decided to stick with CSR, now I don't know what to do!

*EDIT* I've been doing some reading elsewhere and it seems the CM who mentioned Casitas being affected is misinformed. It seems the permits only refer to work at Cabanas.

Edited at 01:57 PM.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
My heart is in my mouth at that news about Casitas! I'm guessing this is most likely to be blocks 1-3, these are/were the preferred rooms, I wonder how people who have booked that category are being affected.

We put in a Touring Plans request for block 4 a while ago but now I'm questioning that, but I do not want to be in Ranchos.

We're going September/October and I've been wrestling over what to do. Yesterday I decided to stick with CSR, now I don't know what to do!

*EDIT* I've been doing some reading elsewhere and it seems the CM who mentioned Casitas being affected is misinformed. It seems the permits only refer to work at Cabanas.
How strange that I've been told the exact opposite two times! Even as far as stating on my booking they'd put me in the cabanas as it was away from the convention centre and the construction. So incredibly frustrating so this is why I've opted to move. Too much confusion and hassle
Old 23 Feb 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
Very Serious Dibber

We go to CSR this august and are hoping the impact is not too bad (although looking at the pictures so far its not looking great) , this will be the third year in a row our holiday will be impacted by construction / development.

In 2015 the nearest quiet pool was shut we didn't care much for the big pool so had a long walk each day to the next nearest quiet pool there where also some other works going on in casitas at the time so often couldn't take the most conveinient route to el centro.
In 2016 fancying a change we went to CBR only to find out that this would be effected by pool closure renovations, fortunately it didn't effect the area we stayed in (Jamacia) although there was something going on in the car parking areas often finding construction traffic parked up there.

So with this news I was like not again !

Disney surely must know their construction plans at least more than a year in advance so to happily accept bookings for this resort and CBR is pretty underhand , I know they are a business at the end of the day and want to keep open but for a lot of people these are once in a lifetime holidays they are ruining. If they do stay open they should at least be offering discounts and warnings at the time of booking.

Good Luck everyone , lets hope the impact is not that great or if you plan on changing resorts I hope it goes well with minimum impact to your pocket.
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
Very Serious Dibber

Oh I nearly forgot that's on top of all the construction going on in the Parks
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

All Disney seen to care about these days is where the next dollar is coming from, they don't seem to be thinking that we have saved our hard earned money and these are dream holidays that they are ruining! Yes you will be in the park for some it, but you will also be chilling at your resort especially if you go in the really hot months so have you really paid to listen to construction work whilst lazying around a pool looking at an eyesore/building site and how the he'll they expect fences to go up around the height of a tower block!
So not happy and still no official word!
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

How strange that I've been told the exact opposite two times! Even as far as stating on my booking they'd put me in the cabanas as it was away from the convention centre and the construction. So incredibly frustrating so this is why I've opted to move. Too much confusion and hassle
Just to confirm what the CM said above. Cabanas - away from construction.

Closed Thread