Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by meldobe View Post
Has anyone worked out the difference between moving to POR for free or using the £50 per night to change to that resort ( much like upgrading to a deluxe) I have just priced it up for my stay and to do it that way would leave a balance in my favour of £157.

Will try to speak to charter travel today as yesterday the lady I need to speak to was on another call and when she called me back a few hours later I was fighting against Storm Doris across an open field with 4 dogs

Does anyone know if they have roll away beds at POR? We always get one at CBR, I noticed they have a fold down bed but we are three adults ( although one is only 4'10 and another 5'2 so may fit) just trying to make sure I know what to ask for when I get a chance.
I believe they did away with the roll away beds at both CBR and POR when they put the Murphy beds in, although I could be wrong. My DD is 5'6" and sleeps on the Murphy bed, but her feet do dangle off the end if she lies flat, but fortunately she sleeps curled up so is happy on them. They'll be fine for someone 4'10" though.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Morning all, has anyone who accepted the cash refund of £50pn actually got it through yet? and where has the info about main pool come from as last night they were adamant it wouldn't be closing?
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fraggle35 View Post
Morning all, has anyone who accepted the cash refund of £50pn actually got it through yet? and where has the info about main pool come from as last night they were adamant it wouldn't be closing?
The main pool info came from one dibber who was vocally told so on a phone call.
I think we're all hoping that's a mistake because it's the only time it's been mentioned and would definitely be a game changer.
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Would be for us too as we specifically asked about this, they assured me it was only the small pool in Martinique
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I am glad OA got me moved, shame my MDE is still showing CBR, and waiting for a revised invoice.
Good luck to everyone still trying to get sorted.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2015
Earning My Ears

I wonder if Charter Travel can work their magic with Disney today and get the $75 per night credit for those where they had already told it was being on offer. Had it in an email from Charter yesterday but had to wait for friends to confirm that's what we are doing before going back which was after office hours yesterday. Hopefully we can still get it. Can you all keep posting what you've got through travel agents today please so we know what's happening? thanks xx
Aurora2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
meldobe
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I believe they did away with the roll away beds at both CBR and POR when they put the Murphy beds in, although I could be wrong. My DD is 5'6" and sleeps on the Murphy bed, but her feet do dangle off the end if she lies flat, but fortunately she sleeps curled up so is happy on them. They'll be fine for someone 4'10" though.
Thanks I think it will probably end being me sleeping on it we got the roll away bed for free in CBR sep 2015 -we arrived off the dream at 10am and had done online check in and requested early check in ( know it's not a guarantee ) so at the desk the guy said the room wasn't ready but would be in 1-2 hours he took our number and off we went to OPR, after calling from the phones in OPR at 12 and 2pm then went back to custom house, room still wasn't ready so we went to Epcot back to resort and room still wasn't ready at 6pm finally got in closer to 8pm and requested the roll away bed, got told they only offer them at deluxe but after speaking to a manager they said they do still supply them at CBR but they would need to remove the table and chairs to put it in, they took the chairs but never came back for the table, we got the bed for free and a couple of fast passes to make up for the room fiasco

I emailed when we returned to let them know what had happened and to get clarification on the roll away bed situation a lovely guy called me back, apologised and assured me roll always were still available he then put it in an email for me so that I had it to take with me on my next visit.
meldobe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by meldobe View Post
Thanks I think it will probably end being me sleeping on it we got the roll away bed for free in CBR sep 2015 -we arrived off the dream at 10am and had done online check in and requested early check in ( know it's not a guarantee ) so at the desk the guy said the room wasn't ready but would be in 1-2 hours he took our number and off we went to OPR, after calling from the phones in OPR at 12 and 2pm then went back to custom house, room still wasn't ready so we went to Epcot back to resort and room still wasn't ready at 6pm finally got in closer to 8pm and requested the roll away bed, got told they only offer them at deluxe but after speaking to a manager they said they do still supply them at CBR but they would need to remove the table and chairs to put it in, they took the chairs but never came back for the table, we got the bed for free and a couple of fast passes to make up for the room fiasco

I emailed when we returned to let them know what had happened and to get clarification on the roll away bed situation a lovely guy called me back, apologised and assured me roll always were still available he then put it in an email for me so that I had it to take with me on my next visit.
Sounds like a bit of a palaver, but at least you got it in the end. This information is from the portorleans.org website which is usually pretty reliable:
Prior to the closure of the last few double-bedded rooms in the Magnolia Bend mansion buildings it was possible to request a wheeled fold-up ‘roll-away’ bed for a fifth person, or to allow two older children to avoid having to share the same bed, but now that the refurbished rooms include new, slightly larger, queen beds this facility has been withdrawn as from Sunday 11 March 2012. It is no longer possible to have five people allocated to any of the mansion building rooms (including the new Royal Guest Rooms) unless that fifth person is a toddler under the age of three. The same has applied to the refurbished rooms at French Quarter for a while.

Alligator Bayou is now the only section of Port Orleans which includes an extra bed to accommodate a fifth person in one room. The newly refurbished rooms all now include a pull-down Murphy bed (child sized, approx. 63" x 30") over the banquette bench seat. The new pull-down beds also feature in the updated King Bed rooms incidentally, which means that they can accommodate up to three people (and this is now a bookable option as from May 2013).

Some people suggest taking an inflatable bed (single size, aka twin air mattress) in order to provide somewhat more flexible family sleeping arrangements. An air mattress of this type should fit into the new queen bedded rooms, but unfortunately you still cannot have more than four people (plus an infant) officially assigned to a non-Alligator Bayou room.

Still, no harm in asking if that's what you'd prefer

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
shaz luvs tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Edavies603 View Post
I had this this morning too but I'm sure the lady I spoke to said I would get this one first and then another with the credit taken off and it could take up to 24hours, I got off the phone at 8.45pm last night, I'm just going to keep my eyes peeled for a correct invoice, otherwise it'll be 3hours of hold music again on Sunday for me as I'm at work tomorrow
I must admit I was surprised to have anew invoice as it was 9:20pm when I get off the phone last night and he did say it would take a few days for a new invoice.
shaz luvs tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
timwalker
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Morning all. Here we are again.
I was told at 10.30 last night that if I switched to another moderate, I would receive a refund of £14. Great.
I had paid for preferred room and DDP upgrade.
Didn't give a decision then as was still cross, Fern is supposed to be calling me after 12.00 today for my decision.
My issue is that if I had wanted POR or POFQ I would have booked in the first place.
Shall I wait for them to call, or shall I call?