Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by madimaddawson View Post
Finally got through after 5hrs of waiting yesterday. Customer Services played down building works and would not budge on $25 per day or FOC move to PO. Not sure I believed them but they said higher offer was supposed to be aimed at those traveling and staying prior to June. In June new large restaurant would be open, i questione ABTA, they said it would only apply if they were not offering the same level of facilities and because of the new restaurant and other stands etc being brought in they were actually offering more! Moved to PO but not happy, if I had wanted that resort I would have booked that in the first place. It's the double standards and 5hr wait for me which has been so stressful, i expected more from my Disney experience!
Wonder if anyone going before June can confirm they've got more than the $25. We go in just over 50 days but are waiting for TA to sort but will not be accepting $25
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Is it 10am start today for all those phoning up?
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Barley-Bobs
Proud to wear my Ears

Don't know if this is of any help, it was posted in one of the Facebook groups:

THE OFFICIAL REFURBISHMENT POST - This is easier for me to use than a group file, because I can search for it and so can everyone else. Sometimes on a mobile device, files don't all show up. So, here we go. ***What is official? The only things right at this moment that are official from Walt Disney World are: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort will be reimagined with new additions to the resort's current marketplace, Centertown, including new waterfront dining and retail shopping areas (i.e. food court, restaurant and gift shop). This centralized location will offer the resort's guests more convenient access to services, amenities and dining. THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW. Per the email, in a nutshell, you will notice construction work. Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be CLOSED for refurbishment. There will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ***This is starting May 1st. There is no official completion date. However, I am guessing this will take 3-4 months. So, that puts us into August and September. ANYONE STAYING PAST AUGUST may not get an email because they are probably expecting it to be done by then. ***There were previous emails about Trinidad South's pool being closed through 3/16/17. However, we have no confirmation that the pool ever closed. I asked someone last week and they said it was not closed. I don't know if the RUMORED food service location was put on hold because of all the other stuff or not. We need someone going soon to let us know. ***Now, let's talk about the UNOFFICIAL stuff. In January, permits were filed to build a multi-story tower at CBR. THIS HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED BY DISNEY. So, if you are booked for fall and you are seeing this information, THIS is why Disney will not confirm. They will ONLY confirm the refurb coming in May. This is a RUMORED Disney Vacation Club resort expansion. We shall see if that sticks when it is announced. This may not be announced until July at the D23 Expo. The permits go through 2019, similar to the project at CSR. RUMORS are the new building will be in the Barbados section. RUMORS are that all the Barbados buildings will be torn down, and perhaps some of the Martinique buildings. So, there you have it. This is what we know and the rumors that we have heard.
Barley-Bobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm going to give them a call again after being moved to POFQ on Friday and getting told there are no preferred rooms left and only standard rooms... Which I fought for them to try and get me into a better room but no joy. I have since realised they haven't reduced the cost I paid for a preferred room at CBR...
I saw someone in the other thread was in the same situation and got a $200 gift card... So I am going to try and get the same.

In no rush to ring them today though. Don't want to impact on the time I have with my kids on a weekend to be sat listening to that on hold message
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BruTamUK View Post
Is it 10am start today for all those phoning up?
Yep! But maybe ring at 9:59 if you can
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I might try and ring today. I have been on the website looking at how much it is to book the hotels now in comparison to what I have paid. I am NOT willing to accept a "free" move to Disney Coronado springs when the price is £2279 and I paid £2408! Even the others are not much better. After all the grief they have caused us they are offering "upgrades" which are a measly amount more or not in my case!
I am also not willing to accept $25 gift card when I know that the £50 already offered to people has been on the table and on WDWmagic.com it says..
Disney is providing guests with a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of a stay at check-in.

soooo that means £50 back per day plus $25 each day when you check in!

Im sorry but that doesn't sit right with me
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kylespudhughes View Post
I might try and ring today. I have been on the website looking at how much it is to book the hotels now in comparison to what I have paid. I am NOT willing to accept a "free" move to Disney Coronado springs when the price is £2279 and I paid £2408! Even the others are not much better. After all the grief they have caused us they are offering "upgrades" which are a measly amount more or not in my case!
I am also not willing to accept $25 gift card when I know that the £50 already offered to people has been on the table and on WDWmagic.com it says..
Disney is providing guests with a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of a stay at check-in.

soooo that means £50 back per day plus $25 each day when you check in!

Im sorry but that doesn't sit right with me

Are they offering CSR? That is a buiding site as well.
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by limmy View Post
What's everyone doing today? We collectively spent 7 hours on the phone yesterday to be told POR or $25 and I've done both PO so asked for another mod and was told no.
Then I see people being moved everywhere! SSR is no good for us as I have two kids, 1 who's 12 and won't do a sofa bed with his sister.
We are actually two bookings - a total of 4 adults, 2 children. Do we have any other options? Decided to defo go for a move as the stress just isn't worth it.
If it's PO or $25 we are going to cancel and get a villa I think.
So they wouldn't budge on POR or FQ?
If I were you I'd wait a couple of days and ring again then, they may? Have a change of heart when the big bosses realise what has kicked off this weekend.
In the meantime I'd keep an eye on here, just incase anything does change in the next day or so.
😳
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Wish on a star View Post
Are you calling separately about both bookings? If so I would just make sure one of you calls with both reference numbers, it might just give you some clout.

Maybe call tomorrow and ask to be escalated to a manager in guest care.

Personally though if it was me I would cancel and book a villa and some time at the beach and universal - that's just me though..
Good luck
They won't let me move both bookings which is why I couldn't make a decision yesterday as didn't want to risk one being moved. Yesterday DH rang me and had me on speaker to confirm who I am (I was at work) and they accepted this so I'll do the same with my sister today. And myself as I am at work again. Good job I have children with mobiles 😂
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Good luck to everyone today.
Anyone that is staying at CBR, are you able to log into 'manage my booking'? I'm getting an error message when I try! All there on MDE but can't get into that part!
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread