Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 17, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Construction and Coronado Springs

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

Hi all,

Just received an email from Disney:

"Dear Guest,

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort!

Here at Walt Disney World Resort, we are always looking to deliver more unforgettable experiences and magic to our guests.

Over the next two years, the Convention Center, Guest rooms and surrounding areas will be undergoing a refurbishment. New distinct touches and a new colour palette will be introduced to the Guest rooms and across the resort to help tell the story of the great Francisco de Coronado, and to reflect the vibrant spirit of adventure that lived within the Spanish explorers. In addition to the existing Guest rooms being refurbished, the transformation will also include the addition of a 15 storey tower, adding additional services, such as Club Level and Concierge, and a rooftop restaurant and bar, allowing spectacular views of the night time firework displays.

We have a long tradition of enhancing our resorts while also maintaining the magic of the Disney experience, as we have with Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Rest assured, while we are working our magic across Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, we are making every effort to ensure our guests experience the comfort and enjoyment of all we have to offer. The renovation will be taking place in blocks, therefore Guest impact will be kept to an absolute minimum, however there may be some noise between the hours of 9:00am – 17:00 pm and we may have alternate paths of travel throughout the resort. We have been advised that guests will not be situated near the work area and we anticipate that all Dining Options and Resort Amenities will be available to guests throughout this time.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you during your stay and appreciate your patience and understanding. We are confident that the work taking place will have little or no impact on the enjoyment of your stay. If you need assistance with your reservation please call our Disney Experts on 0800 169 0730 where we will be waiting and very happy to help.

We eagerly await your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

Magical Regards,
Guest Care"

Whilst I knew CBR and CSR were getting updates (after I booked) I didn't realise they were constructing a 15 storey building. If we're unhappy we can move resorts right? It's our Honeymoon and don't want construction to impact our stay

Thanks in advance
Please feel free to carry on...
Please feel free to carry on...
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes, I got moved by Disney for free. Thomas cook were useless so I left my complaint running. They offered £50. I rejected. They then offered £50 and airport lounge. Ive rejected...

What bothers me is this is all to get a tick in a box so clear a complaint, not to actually learn and change how they deal with people...
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scuttler01 View Post
Yes, I got moved by Disney for free. Thomas cook were useless so I left my complaint running. They offered £50. I rejected. They then offered £50 and airport lounge. Ive rejected...

What bothers me is this is all to get a tick in a box so clear a complaint, not to actually learn and change how they deal with people...
I know what you mean 😞 If they actually took on board customers concerns they may be able to implement something in the future to reduce the number of comaplaints, seems simple enough, but as you say they're only bothered about getting rid of you. Did you go to ABTA? Sorry, I'm completely losing track of everyone lol x
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scuttler01 View Post

Do you mind me asking who you contacted at Disney, we keeping on a virgin and getting really fed up with being fobbed off with the same answer.
Old 26 Mar 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Angel1979
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by simbamad View Post
Do you mind me asking who you contacted at Disney, we keeping on a virgin and getting really fed up with being fobbed off with the same answer.
We are with Virgin and I phoned the change team x they are looking into this and I am hoping to hear first week of April x if you need the number, let me know x I'm out at the mo but will get it later if needed x x x

Quality Inn, May 2009, Quality Inn & Caribbean Beach, Oct 2010, Quality Inn/Rosen & POFQ, Sept 2012, Aria, Las Vegas, Sept 2013, Aria, Las Vegas, June 2014, Costa Dorado, Sept 2014, Rosen Inn, PO and Coronado Springs, Nov 2015 Vegas 2016, Florida 2017!
Angel1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleReidy
Gone all Goofy

Not long until I do our ADR and still nothing from Thomson or ABTA

Also tried to call to upgrade from the Quick service dining plan and advised it would be over a grand as we would have to pay for the full dining plan (Due to the Quick service coming free with our room we can't pay the difference)

Edited at 04:29 PM.
LittleReidy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Thats rubbish we booked cbr with virgin and upgraded our qs to Ddp didn't have to pay full cost.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LittleReidy View Post
Not long until I do our ADR and still nothing from Thomson or ABTA

Also tried to call to upgrade from the Quick service dining plan and advised it would be over a grand as we would have to pay for the full dining plan (Due to the Quick service coming free with our room we can't pay the difference)
Funny that as I contacted Thomson too to ask for price to upgrade to see if worth while we were quoted £3000 eh no thanks! That was for 3 adults as big kid will be classed as adult wee one too young (boost!) although eats more than her big sister!😂😂😂

Reminded them we already have QSDP no responce yet, not surprising lol
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post

We upgraded our dining plan when we booked with virgin as we had qs free only paid the difference between the two. Just noticed I have ears

Edited at 06:12 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by New dib View Post
Thats rubbish we booked cbr with virgin and upgraded our qs to Ddp didn't have to pay full cost.
It's different if you upgrade after the free DDP offer has finished
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread