Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Apr 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ciaowood
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
I said I would update this when we went to visit. We are gald we changed to POR we went yesterday to have lunch at the pepper market that was good. On arrriving there is a lot of work near the front it was dusty but they are not having a lot rain so do not think that helps. We walk around the lake Castia,s and Rancho,s areas we both quite and Rancho,s 7A looked really nice inside they are just finishing painting the outside and the quite pool there was really quite. Now Canban,s area was noisy and they were putting people in that area so are really close. It is the vehicles clearing the rumble and trees at the moment they are also filling some water behind the fences but there does not look to be any building on the tower at the moment just looks like the clearing work still. There is also a lot of roadworks more than in September last year. Weather is really good only 5 minutes of rain in the 6 days we have been here so far so good. I will say that we could of stayed at CSR but gald we paid to move to POR as we like to relax and all the time we were there we found ourselves listening out for building noise and not sure in the dry conditions how my asthma would have coped as there was dust and that is one of my biggest problems. The resort was also really quite not many people around but it was lunch time. We did pay to move but we got it back in a gift voucher so we made sure it covered that cost a bit more plus extra fast passes all I can say is do not give up if you want to move it's your money and we all work hard to save for our holidays we just wanted the holiday we planned for.
Thank you for the update. Glad you're having a lovely time. Enjoy the rest of your hols
ciaowood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Anyone considering just taking a hit and completely cancelling their holiday and rebooking to a value resort?
I know I am, just to be away from dust! It's been dry where I live and the house builders were out and the dust was just everywhere! My wife and I are both asthmatic as well
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Just to keep you all updated...Disney have just phoned again but I was out, they are phoning me back in an hour
Old 26 Apr 17, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Martin2706 View Post
Anyone considering just taking a hit and completely cancelling their holiday and rebooking to a value resort?
I have, and rebooked at a value ... but at Universal Cabana Bay Beach ... Disney won't get my money this year (except for the unexpected MNSSHP we're doing in august. )
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a call from Disney but missed it! Message was they are still waiting for a response from Thomas Cook Signature and wanted to keep me informed and will call back on Friday with another update.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Good luck those waiting on reply from Disney/travel agents

I'm no further on than yesterday, no replies from my emails I sent yesterday and this morning.. any tips on how to get replies from them?

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Old 26 Apr 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
I have, and rebooked at a value ... but at Universal Cabana Bay Beach ... Disney won't get my money this year (except for the unexpected MNSSHP we're doing in august. )
Nice one 👍🏼
I'd be doing the same if universal had things my kids could go on. I looked at changing to a value but we'd only save £500 and lose Disney dining plan and our $200 gift card so not worth the loss
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney are still waiting for VH to contact me to waive the admin fees for a move to AKL... but that doesn't necessarily mean we can afford it 😂. She is going to phoned me me back on Monday !
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Girlsontour View Post
Disney are still waiting for VH to contact me to waive the admin fees for a move to AKL... but that doesn't necessarily mean we can afford it 😂. She is going to phoned me me back on Monday !
Have they said how much the actual move will be?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Martin2706 View Post
Good luck those waiting on reply from Disney/travel agents

I'm no further on than yesterday, no replies from my emails I sent yesterday and this morning.. any tips on how to get replies from them?
I've found that it can take anything from 24hrs - 48 hrs to get a response, so you might hear something tomorrow.

Also I've found it is better to send any emails around 3pm our time, then they see the emails whilst they are working, rather than they be in amongst a pile of emails first thing in the morning that they have to go through!
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List