Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 May 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenElsa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by GarstonPops View Post
We have been reading, and occasionally posting in this thread from its start back in February and I am becoming increasingly dismayed and angry with Disney UK who seem to be working against Brits (?and other Europeans) to the advantage of our US cousins. Has the double bubble horse finally bolted, do you think, apart from US customers and a very few from the UK?You get the impression because they screwed up with the £50 offer before the blanket email that they are under warning from Disney-on-high to recover every penny/cent they can from U.K. customers. Papamouse rightly says that every contract is different; they can offer what they want and it is up to individuals to fight, with ABTA or the Crown Court. That's really not what we want, though. However nice it would be to get a rebate when we return, we would prefer to be able to spread a little more pixie dust on our grandchildren while we are there than we could budget for, to compensate for the inferior facilities that those at CBR at the moment are experiencing. Disney UK are being spiteful to our fellow Dibbers and, although they are basically telling us where to go, I wonder if they would be quite SO aggressive in public. So do you think a resurrected Twitter campaign might jolt them into doing what they promised to everyone?

We're in the £50 + generic email club, by the way, with a telephone conversation in which we formally confirmed our acceptance of the $75 offer. Have received no further communication.
I formally accepted my $75 in writing with no response but this made no difference - just in case you were counting on them accepting that. They told me you need something from them addressed to offering you both in the same email / phonecall - doesn't matter if you accept it.

Good luck though xx
QueenElsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenElsa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by wilf155 View Post
How long does MDE take to change resort ? Been over a week now.
Mine updated a few hours later

Albeit with 7 Cabins instead of 4 but we're all at FWC with all traces of CBR gone
QueenElsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gingermouse View Post
Is AKL as magical as you hoped it would be. Have you tried the restaurants yet.
It is a beautiful resort, lobby is stunning, cast members are great, nice pool too. I've been to the Mara the quick serve restaurant.. it serves flatbread pizza, burgers, a delicious African stew, ribs etc. Booked into Boma on Thursday and again next week plus Sanaa over at Kidani village next week too. Only complaint so far is the bus service. Waited 45 minutes for a bus from Epcot back to resort. Had a bit of a moan about that and ended up with a free fastpass.

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Hi all just wanted to thank everyone for there kind words today they have been much appreciated.
I have had some progress in that i sent a rather long email to all the big wigs and got a call from Anya who i assume is Bob and George's secetary. Unfortunatly at the time i was just on my way out to my night shift so couldnt take the call but she has left me a number to call her back on. She said she was off mon and tues so it will have to wait till wed but really impressed with the responce time if nothing else! Now just keeping my fingers crossed she can help us.
Hi natanddaz, just catching up with everything and I'm sorry to hear your news. I really hope they come through for you, I've got my fingers crossed x

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

wow we burned through that last thread didn't we.

Sorry for all you're going through natanddaz, I hope everything works out for you.
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
its actually quite easy,

only tricky thing is planning enough days in the Tiered Places (epcot and HS) so you can add enough Level 1s without queuing too much.
It was really easy. Your guide is very easy to follow, thanks for posting. Got everything I wanted despite MDE crashing a couple of times whilst doing them. My plan for Epcot and HS is that my first FP not booked til at least 10am, so be there for rope drop and use standby for the tier 1 we haven't got.
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by solliss View Post
Just booked an extra night at RPR
Not sure how I will feel going from RPR to CBR though
We are doing the same as you Solliss. The only upside is we have 2 nights at AKL in a savannah view after CBR, so at least we have that to look forward to.
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by WillSa6 View Post
We are doing the same as you Solliss. The only upside is we have 2 nights at AKL in a savannah view after CBR, so at least we have that to look forward to.
Ooh lovely, that will be a nice way to end your holiday.

I'm going from Rosen inn at pointe, to RPR to CBR!
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by solliss View Post
Ooh lovely, that will be a nice way to end your holiday.

I'm going from Rosen inn at pointe, to RPR to CBR!
So are we, with a night in PI at Dublin airport first.
Old 22 May 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Folks,
I keep reading people saying they have emails (generic or personal) stating their offers- $75 etc. The ones saying Dear Guest... So I was wondering if those of you who got these are those who booked directly with Disney? As I've said before, my TA has been less than helpful and we certainly didn't get any official/unofficial emails stating our offer. We've not had a peep from Disney.
Can I also ask how people have got extra FPs? We've not been offered anything extra and Disney UK refused to speak to me because I've booked with a TA.
Thanks again...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread