Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 13 Aug 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pink-bubble View Post
So I got an answer from WDTC after not even a week (new record for them) and by now I really can say I never ever had to deal with such an ignorant company in my whole life! If we ever go to WDW again I rather book over the US than dealing with them again...

But end of the story, we (as we are in Germany) won't receive any paperwork at all, no luggage tags, no lil booklet (and I know those things are often missing when checking in) no coupon for the 200$ GC and whatever comes with it,.. Really? I spent two paychecks for a vacation and you don't have the 1,50£ to ship some magical Mickey Mail?
My Room Request is still in their system though, not sure if she just went through the previous mails and put it back in there or if it was still in there but let's see...
This is strange we got our in The Netherlands just fine last April.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gerddon View Post
I know how you feel, I've a few concerns myself especially as we're not splashing out on a golf cart but really looking forward to the extra space and quiet. Will keep you informed

Thank you so much, we also will not be splashing out on a golf cart as just cannot afford it.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pink-bubble View Post
So I got an answer from WDTC after not even a week (new record for them) and by now I really can say I never ever had to deal with such an ignorant company in my whole life! If we ever go to WDW again I rather book over the US than dealing with them again...

But end of the story, we (as we are in Germany) won't receive any paperwork at all, no luggage tags, no lil booklet (and I know those things are often missing when checking in) no coupon for the 200$ GC and whatever comes with it,.. Really? I spent two paychecks for a vacation and you don't have the 1,50£ to ship some magical Mickey Mail?
My Room Request is still in their system though, not sure if she just went through the previous mails and put it back in there or if it was still in there but let's see...
If the $200 GC is part of your package, then surely they can email the voucher to you. I'm sure someone a few post back had new vouchers emailed to them.

Edited at 09:50 PM.
Pavilion1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pavilion1983 View Post
If the $200 GC is part of your package, then surely they can email the voucher to you. I'm sure someone a few post back had new vouchers emailed to them.
I had my voucher emailed yesterday
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Thank you so much, we also will not be splashing out on a golf cart as just cannot afford it.
Heading over to FWC next week for Mickey's backyard BBQ. I'll try to get some pics and try to pm them to you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Pink bubble ... if you like , I don't mind if you want to get Disney to post your package to me and I can forward it on to you ? Seems silly that you are not able to receive it 😊
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
QueenElsa
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
We're not getting a cart either... did some research though & 20 minutes is the average to walk the length of the resort from the reception to the dock.

if your cabin is close to main road then 8-10 minutes to walk to the Meadows pool / trading post from loop 2800 (furthest cabin loop from main pool)

If those timings are true then all this hysteria about needing a golf cart to get around is unfounded in my opinion.

Only day I was overly concerned about the transport situation was my wedding day but Disney have granted approval that I can be collected & dropped off at my cabin & don't have to make my way to reception to be collected from there.

Edited at 06:59 AM.
QueenElsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
pink-bubble
Getting Excited

Mobile

Awwww you guys rock thank you all for your lovely, kind offers but for now I'm good I think. I think I'll write them again about the voucher and hope for the best on arrival, if it's not there, guess who will get a nice email?
It's just annoying that even those small things that are part of your vacation and the magic are left out. We have family in the U.K. (since my OH is from there) so I also thought about having it send to them and they send it to us but why should they step in if it's clearly not their job? And I bet WDTC would come up with a excuse about they can't do it because it has sensitive personal informations in there and bla...
pink-bubble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scojo72 View Post
We have stopped at Caribbean beach resort for the last two weeks and it is still a lovely resort. And to be honest yes there are lots of temporary fences hiding the construction as you drive through the resort. But we hasn't been disturbed by it in building 45. The worst thing about it is the tent that they have put up as a restaurant. You have to queue to pay.then queue again for a waistband.then you queue outside until people have left before they allow you inside the door to wait until you can join the food line. And when you get there the breakfast is not very good. In fact I complained to the senior vice president who was on a site visit and I told him that it was disgusting and not Disney normal high standards. We decided after that to drive next door and use art of animation food court.
Here is a video of the drive from the main gate. I have also posted a walk round of the resort.
Thank you for posting, So much Scrim
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I had my voucher emailed yesterday
Sorry I couldn't remember who it was