Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Oct 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I would refuse to stay in a room in the UK if a dog had previously stayed in it as well.
Just out of curiosity, why would that be? Even if the room had had a thorough clean?
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

This is very interesting. My first thought was " euuw " or however you spell it.
Then I thought of the dogs -
- what are they to do when their owners are in the parks ? No " walkies" for them then
- being in a strange place on their own,( assuming owners are in the parks ) the dogs could well get very anxious . I have visions of dogs being trapped in rooms with no proper place for toilets get facilities
- what about the fireworks ? Apparently fireworks are a dogs biggest nightmare . Would owners really want to bring dogs into such an environment ?

Then onto the other patrons
- people allergies to dogs
- people scared of dogs, especially younger children who are part of disneys target market
- the noise from barking at potentially all times of day and night
- the smell / hairs etc left over after a dog stay ( irrespective of cleaning )

Incidentally Disney call the $50/$75 charge a cleaning fee, not an occupancy charge or similar

I suspect that take up won't be high - most people who I suspect take dogs for weekends away are doing so because they enjoy the company of their dog, not with the intention of just leaving it in the room while they go enjoy themselves in the parks.

I presume the dog rooms will all be in selected areas of the hotel. And hence only a small percentage of rooms will be dog friendly

I agree with the previous poster and would not agree to stay in a room that was designated a dog friendly one. However I don't think it would stop me going to that particular hotel if that room had never been used by a dog
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:48 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I would refuse to stay in a room in the UK if a dog had previously stayed in it as well.
But you probably wouldn’t - hotels in the UK tend to have designated rooms for those with pets.

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
This is very interesting. My first thought was " euuw " or however you spell it.
Then I thought of the dogs -
- what are they to do when their owners are in the parks ? No " walkies" for them then
- being in a strange place on their own,( assuming owners are in the parks ) the dogs could well get very anxious . I have visions of dogs being trapped in rooms with no proper place for toilets get facilities
- what about the fireworks ? Apparently fireworks are a dogs biggest nightmare . Would owners really want to bring dogs into such an environment ?

Then onto the other patrons
- people allergies to dogs
- people scared of dogs, especially younger children who are part of disneys target market
- the noise from barking at potentially all times of day and night
- the smell / hairs etc left over after a dog stay ( irrespective of cleaning )

Incidentally Disney call the $50/$75 charge a cleaning fee, not an occupancy charge or similar

I suspect that take up won't be high - most people who I suspect take dogs for weekends away are doing so because they enjoy the company of their dog, not with the intention of just leaving it in the room while they go enjoy themselves in the parks
But the article about this specifically says that dogs can’t be left in rooms, but will need to go to the Disney pet centres.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
But you probably wouldn’t - hotels in the UK tend to have designated rooms for those with pets.

But the article about this specifically says that dogs can’t be left in rooms, but will need to go to the Disney pet centres.
disneyparks.disney.go/bl...arting-oct-15/

Where ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post

It just says that those facilities are available doesn’t say they have to be used
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nasty View Post
When we stayed at SSR last August there was a woman with a dog in Artist’s Palette. It was sat on her knee and she was feeding it off her plate 😬.
I mentioned it to a member of staff that it wasn’t appropriate and was told there was nothing they could do about it as it was a service dog!
It was a Chihuahua 😳
I wonder if that was the same women we saw in Fountains at the Swan.

Anyhow how many owners will keep the dogs off the beds?
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Guess we will be seeing Poo bags hanging in the palm trees next 😀
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I would imagine that Disney, like many other hotels, will have rooms that are pet friendly and rooms that pets are not allowed. So if someone has an allergy and informs Disney of this, then Disney would allocate a pet free room.
The dog would be left alone for many hours while the owners would be in the parks I would imagine which isn't very considerate to the pet.
The dogs will not be allowed to remain in the rooms all day. If you go to the parks the animal will have to be booked in at the kennels.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
The dogs will not be allowed to remain in the rooms all day. If you go to the parks the animal will have to be booked in at the kennels.
Basically then Disney will be able to charge twice. Once to take your dog to the resort, then to board him. Clever 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Pleased I can't afford to stay at the Yacht Club now!

Imagine paying mega bucks but having two barking dogs all evening/night keeping you up.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List