Old 21 Jan 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
CBR is smaller now as they've knocked so much of it down to build the new Riviera resort. That's due to open in autumn 2019, so the majority of the big building work would be done by May I would think, giving them time to work on the interior. It's across the lake too, so can't see it having a huge impact.

The CBR building work around the shop, restaurants etc will all be finished by then, so it's just whatever they're doing for the skyway gondola system.
Decisions decisions. Think I will research a bit more. The hotel for us is just a base with free qsdp and upgrading to ddp. Every penny counts.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow! £2000 more than I paid for our 2017 holiday at AKL. I was expecting about £700 more!
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
Wow! £2000 more than I paid for our 2017 holiday at AKL. I was expecting about £700 more!
I do think these prices are on the high side... they're like VH expensive
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
I do think these prices are on the high side... they're like VH expensive
I hope disney prices are lower. I really want a deluxe hotel so was excpecting to pay a lot but may have to give it a second thought at those prices. They comes a point where I think "nope not paying that much".
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I can only see disney 2019 prices with VH or ATD, are they guessing at prices as surely they cannot be actual bookings if Disney direct arent selling them yet? I am only looking at AoA LM rooms, but they seem very expensive compared to previous years.
Old 22 Jan 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

I emailed them and they said they go on sale 499 days before the date you want. Seems a bit random but that’s what they told me.

Edited at 09:03 AM.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I suspect Disney prices will continue to rise like we have not seen before. Disney are targeting a 20% plus price hike I read once Star Wars opens. That is likely autumn 2019. Disney already have unequalled occupancy rates, high 90%s. When Star Wars opens you may struggle to get a room unless booking early. There will be zero need to discount the rooms for U.K. guests, but then again they do like the U.K. guest as we stay 2 weeks, so that factors in.
I suspect the price rises seen now for 2019 may be just the start, but at least the £ to $ is going back up again which may temper it a bit.
OKW and SSR were such good deals as Disney was offloading capacity it had in its DVC resorts, both resorts are large, so have more trade outs to cruises, breakage, and DVD (Disney’s timeshare arm) has to hold at least 2% of the resort, which they rent. Some bright spark worked out offering these points as cash rentals to U.K. on free dining (which is what it is) was good business. There were great bargains to be had though- in 2016 I had a fabulous OKW free dining deal.
As to waiting, unless the US economy goes into a nosedive, I think prices are only going rapidly up. The 50th anniversary is just around the corner with the likes of Tron Coaster, Guardians of the Galaxy coaster, Ratattoui and reportedly new Epcot lands and other stuff.
Unless the economy diminishes before then, the parks will see the busiest time ever over the next 4 years, and as Disney always push the envelope on price, we all know where that is going.
So I think suck it up on price increases in 2019 as that is just the start of the curve. I’d be surprised if free dining is even offered in 2020, but if it is, expect top dollar room rates.
Also OKW and Saratoga are both getting extensive refurbs, OKW completed 2019, Saratoga 2020, so they will be charging more for them to US guests I have no doubt, again pushing up prices for Brits.

If you go a lot, maybe consider either renting points (but demand already exceeds supply and when Star Wars opens that will get worse, so get onto the likes of dvcrequest quickly) or even buying a DVC resale contract. Whilst those have risen 20% this past year, you can still pick up a Saratoga for example for under $95 a point. For a £15k or less outlay you’d get enough points to stay in DVC properties for 2 weeks a year, you can rent out the points incredibly easily for a good return, and you’d have 40 years of use. You could also stay in the fancier resorts, like the Epcot and monorail ones.
You’d have to pay dues every year but on dues cost alone, the studio is about £80 a night. DVC shouldn’t be bought as an investment but it’s gone up a lot this year, and you are very likely in my view to make a profit on it if you sell it in say 20 years, so if you have the cash available and go to Disney every year anyway, it is worth thinking about.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
AlpacaPicnic
Earning More Ears

I'm beginning to get nervous about next years prices now

Especially since I want to go in October next year... have no interest whatsoever in Star Wars land so maybe I'm better off going in june? Or even 2020... but then I have the birthday celebrations to contend with

It'll just be me, a Disney 'adult' at 10 years old (!) and a 7 year old and I've budgeted £6k for everything (except spends) don't mind where I stay but want the DDP. What are my chances?!

I've pretty much decided if I can't get it for that price I'm going to sack the whole thing off, take the kids to Haven and book myself onto a trip to the Galápagos Islands
AlpacaPicnic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AlpacaPicnic View Post
I'm beginning to get nervous about next years prices now

Especially since I want to go in October next year... have no interest whatsoever in Star Wars land so maybe I'm better off going in june? Or even 2020... but then I have the birthday celebrations to contend with

It'll just be me, a Disney 'adult' at 10 years old (!) and a 7 year old and I've budgeted £6k for everything (except spends) don't mind where I stay but want the DDP. What are my chances?!

I've pretty much decided if I can't get it for that price I'm going to sack the whole thing off, take the kids to Haven and book myself onto a trip to the Galápagos Islands
That's my budget for 4 of us, although I've increased it slightly to £6500 based on ATD prices. That's for flights, moderate resort with free qsdp and park tickets for October half term next year. You should be fine with that for just 2 of you. I've already had a quote from My Magic Holiday for £7109 for 4 of us with direct Virgin flights from Manchester, so might be worth giving them a call (they don't do email quotes).

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
AlpacaPicnic
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
That's my budget for 4 of us, although I've increased it slightly to £6500 based on ATD prices. That's for flights, moderate resort with free qsdp and park tickets for October half term next year. You should be fine with that for just 2 of you. I've already had a quote from My Magic Holiday for £7109 for 4 of us with direct Virgin flights from Manchester, so might be worth giving them a call (they don't do email quotes).
Thanks, I think I will

There's 3 of us though, 2 of us classed as adults and I definitely want the full dining plan... one of the nicest things (for me... kids couldn't care less!) about our holiday last year was being able to eat whatever/ wherever/ whenever we wanted.
AlpacaPicnic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread