Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow I cannot believe we are onto a new thread again and it looks like the CBR construction drama lives on

I must say, we really weren't impacted when we went in August and found the tent breakfast to be great value (1 QS) and a greta start to the day.

Cha Cha, only a few days and you will be back in Sunny Orlando, how exciting.

Hope everyone is well
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/p/EnPyUF.
Just sharing as i found it odd.
Its a screen grab of reply to a trip adviser review.
Janet is replying to a negative review and advises of riom renovation at the CBR inc new bathrooms and new flooring ?
Since when.
Its just a limk to the screangrab on my flickr account as forgot my photobucket password.
Your link isn't working for me, is it recent on trip advisor?
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like it's time to be phoning Dale and Destiny again 😏
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

i3.photobucket/albums/y94...203-152935.png

Try that. They are all being annoying. On my mobike so that may be why

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Surely they can't be doing room renovations on top of old port royal, new dvc & sky gondola's?
Wouldnt it have been better to close the resort if they are doing all this at once?
Getting very worried about my trip here in August...think an email is coming on.

Edited at 05:33 PM. Reason: Auto correct being a pain
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

here we go again wasn't impressed with the food tent last year but the compensation made up for that, with the original completion date for the food court being summer 2018 I thought October would be safe! No changing dates for us as already paid for flights.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can't believe how long this is taking. After all the horrendousness that was last year for CBR booked peeps for them to be spinning this out another year is INSANE.

Why does it take Disney 2 years to renovate and yet Universal can build an entire area of a theme park and 2/3 resort hotels in this time?

Really hope this gets sorted ASAP for people who are booked for this year.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

We have booked a preferred room at CBR in November. I read all the info available about construction and decided that we could live with the stuff that was going on especially as the food court would all be ready.

I now feel things are going to be far worse than we were led to believe , cant decide what to do for the best so will watch this thread for a couple of days to see what sort of response people are getting. I do feel that some sort of recompense should be offered as this definitely isnt what I signed up for!
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Be very interesting to see what answers ppl get.

I've email the guest services address that was posted. Just explaining that we were aware the food court wasn't going to be finished (we are booked for a week 7th August) but the level of construction that's happening now with gondola's & new hotel was more than we were told about when we booked back in april.

Will post back what they say.
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I am just sick of the fobbing off now. The state of the resort in that video is a disgrace. Especially knowing that the closed the resort just for the OPR referb and shutters build in 2002.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023

Edited at 07:10 PM.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread