Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Jul 18, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Blimey. There’s no way I’d leave that to sort itself out. We spend hours deliberating over hotels before making a choice so I’d be hugely annoyed.

Hope you get it resolved

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Dear oh dear these recent posts really don't paint Virgin in a great light! I'd be livid - like others have said people spend ages researching hotels and picking the one they want. Virgin can't just pick another one and change it without even informing you!? Plus Virgin are seen as a "premium" more expensive agent praised for their Customer Service...

Good luck to everyone trying to resolve - let us know how you get on!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Our VH rep has just phoned me. It seems that there is an issue with virgin/Disney. She didn't go into details but said that virgin and Disney are currently in negotiations as it does seem that virgin have sold more than there allocation. She said it is all being negotiated at the moment, and if we can't get in at POR we will be offered an 'upgrade'. I told her that, in my opinion, Coronado Springs is not an upgrade, and she agreed.

So, I will keen an eye on MDE, I have asked her to add all of this to my holiday notes too. She said I may get a phone call from virgin at some point.
Old 3 Jul 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

your Virgin rep sounds better than mine we are in the correct resort CBR but wrong room type they have "upgraded" us to the pirate rooms we booked and had preferred rooms due to mobility and wanted to request a room with a Murphy bed so the kids dont have to share. Disney wont help either.
Old 3 Jul 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
Our VH rep has just phoned me. It seems that there is an issue with virgin/Disney. She didn't go into details but said that virgin and Disney are currently in negotiations as it does seem that virgin have sold more than there allocation. She said it is all being negotiated at the moment, and if we can't get in at POR we will be offered an 'upgrade'. I told her that, in my opinion, Coronado Springs is not an upgrade, and she agreed.

So, I will keen an eye on MDE, I have asked her to add all of this to my holiday notes too. She said I may get a phone call from virgin at some point.
Out of interest, when did you book? I was wondering if it was after Disney and most other TA’s pulled October onwards, as virgin continued selling for a while, I wonder if that may be the cause of the issue? However if it is it’s virgins problem not yours x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Out of interest, when did you book? I was wondering if it was after Disney and most other TA’s pulled October onwards, as virgin continued selling for a while, I wonder if that may be the cause of the issue? However if it is it’s virgins problem not yours x
It was beginning of May, so I think we booked before they stopped taking the bookings. Makes we wonder how this will all resolve itself, as it seems there are a lot of errors
Old 3 Jul 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

We booked in April before they stopped taking bookings too. Emailed and phoned my agent but no response as yet
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Something doesn't smell right here... Hope you get it sorted. Overselling allocation?
Old 3 Jul 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
It’s weird that most of these wrong bookings are for October, especially after Disney stopped their availability for that time of year.

Edited at 11:13 PM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It does seem to be specific to VH although I keep checking my MDE every time I see one of these posts!
I live in hope every time I see someone has linked.
Sadly mine hasn’t yet.
We booked 2 Savannah rooms at AKL to celebrate our Golden Wedding October 19. Booked beginning of May before Disney pulled.
Seen other posts who booked with different companies and they are linked even with a longer countdown.
Contacted Virgin a couple of weeks ago , told not to worry and wait another month !
Going to ring tomorrow as getting worried now.
Has anyone just gone straight to Disney to sort ?
I will not accept a different hotel
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List