Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Toodles
Excited about Disney

Mobile Cancellation advice

My daughters wonderful partner has dumped her after 3 years of being engaged... literally weeks after agreeing to come with us to WDW next February.
I’ve been left in the lurch to pay his deposit and now I’m unsure as to where I stand re the rest.
I’ll need to get on to who we booked the holiday with obviously.
Does anyone have any idea how much of the rest of his holiday cost will need to be paid when I cancel his booking?
We booked for 2 weeks to CBR with tickets to Disney and free dining plan and flights.
Appreciate any advice
Cheers
Oh Toodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Oh Toodles View Post
My daughters wonderful partner has dumped her after 3 years of being engaged... literally weeks after agreeing to come with us to WDW next February.
I’ve been left in the lurch to pay his deposit and now I’m unsure as to where I stand re the rest.
I’ll need to get on to who we booked the holiday with obviously.
Does anyone have any idea how much of the rest of his holiday cost will need to be paid when I cancel his booking?
We booked for 2 weeks to CBR with tickets to Disney and free dining plan and flights. Appreciate any advice. Cheers
Hi Toodles, hopefully it'll only be deposit loss. By what you say, does that mean he isn't willing to pay the deposit on his holiday that he now no longer wants?
Old 29 May 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Toodles
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Toodles, hopefully it'll only be deposit loss. By what you say, does that mean he isn't willing to pay the deposit on his holiday that he now no longer wants?
Precisely Chris... two days before, he said he would drop the deposit off... day before, he said see you tomorrow. Then next day asked to see her and told her it’s over.
Part of our family life for 4 years and then not a word! No reply to texts, nothing!
Oh Toodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

The sooner you contact your travel agent the less you will lose. Hope he pays you back so you are not out of pocket. We are waiting for scan results of son in laws father who has been diagnosed with stomach cancer. Once he gets the results we should know if he will be coming with us or not. He can't leave his mum as she is disabled and his dad does everything. Shopping, cooking, cleaning etc. I rang our travel agent as soon as we found out and they said they can take him off the booking. We have only paid the deposit so far. Our daughter and grandchilden (from her first marriage) will still come with us.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Precisely Chris... two days before, he said he would drop the deposit off... day before, he said see you tomorrow. Then next day asked to see her and told her it’s over.
Part of our family life for 4 years and then not a word! No reply to texts, nothing!
That's really unfortunate Toodles, relationships break down for all reasons, but that doesn't make him any less liable for any deposit loss due to his actions.

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
The sooner you contact your travel agent the less you will lose. Hope he pays you back so you are not out of pocket. We are waiting for scan results of son in laws father who has been diagnosed with stomach cancer. Once he gets the results we should know if he will be coming with us or not. He can't leave his mum as she is disabled and his dad does everything. Shopping, cooking, cleaning etc. I rang our travel agent as soon as we found out and they said they can take him off the booking. We have only paid the deposit so far. Our daughter and grandchilden (from her first marriage) will still come with us.
I'm very sorry to read of your sil's dad, I can understand him not being able to travel due to his ma being disabled, my 90 year old ma is my 92 year old da's full time career, and as stubborn as a mule when trying to get her to agree to our help. If your sil does make the holiday I hope he has a superb time as thereafter he'll likely have to take on more care duties. May you all have a smashing time Tayla.
Old 30 May 19, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would imagine you would just lose the deposit. How rotten for you all. She must be heartbroken. I hope he pays his deposit back x
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Oh Toodles
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsArcher2b View Post
I would imagine you would just lose the deposit. How rotten for you all. She must be heartbroken. I hope he pays his deposit back x
It’s all very sad, very sudden. She is heartbroken but she is young, beautiful and a very special girl... it’s his loss and I’ve no doubt that he’ll regret his decision.
I very much doubt I’ll see the deposit... he’s not even had the guts to respond to my request.
Old 30 May 19, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

It’s all very sad, very sudden. She is heartbroken but she is young, beautiful and a very special girl... it’s his loss and I’ve no doubt that he’ll regret his decision.
I very much doubt I’ll see the deposit... he’s not even had the guts to respond to my request.
I am sure that looking back she will be better off and happier as he probably will as well, better to break however suddenly after 3 years than 5!
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe he will? I understand how shocked and angry you all must be but something is going on in his head/life for him to decide to leave the relationship. I doubt he needs the stress of dealing with the holiday now but maybe with a bit of time he will get back on track and fulfill his responsibilities especially as you said he was part of your lives for 4 years. If he’s also young I’m sure he’s afraid of facing you all at the minute.

Contact the TA and hopefully it will be only the deposit and maybe with a bit of time he will make that right.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Toodles
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh dear... my holiday of £7900 will only go down to £7500 in cancelling him... plus I still need to pay his deposit...
What to do?