Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Jun 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Be our Guest - lunch menu changes

I am really surprised that the menu changes effectively mean there are no soups which are vegetarian and the only main is a bean cassoulet which I really don't fancy. Not sure what to do now. Do you think they would make a croque moiseur without the ham only option I can see
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Oh no, really? We were planning to book breakfast and lunch there next year, so I meant to keep an eye on the menu changes. I’d better go and have a look now...
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh no, we’ve got this booked for October, I’m vegetarian and not a fan of beans generally as a main option ☹️
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes it is really disappointing as a vegetarian and I don't really understand it as the rest of Disney has really improved its offerings.
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Diz View Post
I am really surprised that the menu changes effectively mean there are no soups which are vegetarian and the only main is a bean cassoulet which I really don't fancy. Not sure what to do now. Do you think they would make a croque moiseur without the ham only option I can see
Just had a look, I guess your u could say no bacon on the corn bisque as it is only a garnish so hopefully not in the main pot. The bean dish looks very uninspiring though. What did they used to have for vegetarian main? Was it the quiche / tart?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

Thank you for posting as we have a booking coming up very soon. I am also vegetarian and I won't eat the bean thing either. I'm really disappointed. Hoping someone can confirm that the croque monsieur can be made with ham, if not I'll be cancelling or just having fries lol

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Just had a look, I guess your u could say no bacon on the corn bisque as it is only a garnish so hopefully not in the main pot. The bean dish looks very uninspiring though. What did they used to have for vegetarian main? Was it the quiche / tart?
Not sure about the stock in the corn bisque. Last time we were in BOG you could get the French onion soup with a veg stock so I had that but that option is not available now and it is made with veal stock.
Yes the veg main were a quiche or a main course saled before I believe although I was only planning to have the potato soup and use a snack credit
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SiandAm View Post
Thank you for posting as we have a booking coming up very soon. I am also vegetarian and I won't eat the bean thing either. I'm really disappointed. Hoping someone can confirm that the croque monsieur can be made with ham, if not I'll be cancelling or just having fries lol
When I am at 30 days out and able to pre order I am going to try to order croque Monsieur and request no ham. I'll come back on to let you know if that is possible otherwise I will be only having fries and paying OOP!
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Diz View Post
When I am at 30 days out and able to pre order I am going to try to order croque Monsieur and request no ham. I'll come back on to let you know if that is possible otherwise I will be only having fries and paying OOP!
I just did a dummy booking. No you cannot preorder the croque monsieur without ham, only without the cheese. I guess you could request on the day but it is Gruyere cheese and bechamel so sounds like it could be very sloppy?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not the best menu is it? Expensive too if you are paying out of plan
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List