Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jun 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

BBC scrapping free TV licences for over 75 unless on Pension Credit

I really don’t like this decision.

I would rather have my licence increased to allow all those over 75 have a free one.
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Agree.

Another kick in the teeth for hard working tax paying ladies waiting another 6 years for their State Pension.

Disney332
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Terrible. For some elderly people that will be a lot of money and yet the tv could be their only “companion”.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Another erosion of rights for people who’ve worked all their lives and were given a little reward back.

Winter heating allowance next along with bus passes I guess.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

And the way they’re working it with the new pension I’m guessing they’re not planning too much pension credit and so few people will qualify... and they’re bringing it in so those already over 75 who have had free licences will have to start paying again if they don’t qualify...
They’ll be means testing everything and it’s those “borderline” ones who will suffer... I remember being really hard up... was delighted to get a small pay rise, only to finish up much worse off after losing a small benefit I could claim and then free school meals, free prescriptions and free dental care...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jackster14 View Post
I really don’t like this decision.

I would rather have my licence increased to allow all those over 75 have a free one.
Based on Dibb evidence, most pensioners will be able to afford the tax as well as going to Disney😀

Personally, I would like to see this compulsory tax scrapped. Let the BBC support itself via advertising and other means
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Agree.

Another kick in the teeth for hard working tax paying ladies waiting another 6 years for their State Pension.

Disney332
Equality has two sides. You gotta take the bad with the good.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Based on Dibb evidence, most pensioners will be able to afford the tax as well as going to Disney😀

Personally, I would like to see this compulsory tax scrapped. Let the BBC support itself via advertising and other means
Totally agree alongside paying out the extortionate salaries to so called celebrities
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I am in my 60s but totally disagree with universal benefits without means testing.

I don’t understand why the wealthy aged should have a free TV licence or the yearly heating allowance. It’s competely ridiculous when others need the money more.

I give my heating allowance to charity and am happy to pay for a TV licence while I can afford it,
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Equality has two sides. You gotta take the bad with the good.
Equality it may me, fairness and the way it was imposed and the time given for individuals to make up the financial shortfall, is a national scandal.

Disney332