Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Snoring is a major issue in my marriage! Hubby often has to go to spare room, which makes me sad, as he works overseas and I dont see him much anyway, but the snoring is INSANE! The spray doesnt work, its so frustrating.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the suggestions. Nothing works, have tried everything! Have tried strips, throat spray, pressure point ring on little finger etc. All I can do is wear earplugs to get some sleep. The foam ones fall out and don't even make any difference to the sound. DH was overweight and has lost 2 stone but still no different. Also worse when he has alcohol, it truly is deafening.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

My husband was the same and I nagged him to go to the doctor's. Good job I did as he was diagnosed with sleep apnea and now has to wear a c-pap machine every night in bed. It's really helped and stopped me from strangling him! The serious side to this though is that sleep apnea can cause strokes so I'm glad I nagged him.
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

A bit pricey, but these are great

bose/en_gb/product...sleepbuds.html
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Snoring is a major issue in my marriage! Hubby often has to go to spare room, which makes me sad, as he works overseas and I dont see him much anyway, but the snoring is INSANE! The spray doesnt work, its so frustrating.
Louise I feel your pain, My DH will go in the spare room when its free from our students as we both snore. Makes me sad too.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Nothing and I mean nothing works for my DH. He recently got referred to the hospital as his snoring got so bad! We rarely sleep together nowadays 🙁. He was told he needs an operation but was also warned it is pretty major, will be extremely painful after and will only last a few years. He is a typical man with pain so I told him to leave it 😩. We are going back to Florida in August and I’m dreading having to share the same room so I am following this thread with interest!
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Nothing and I mean nothing works for my DH. He recently got referred to the hospital as his snoring got so bad! We rarely sleep together nowadays 🙁. He was told he needs an operation but was also warned it is pretty major, will be extremely painful after and will only last a few years. He is a typical man with pain so I told him to leave it 😩. We are going back to Florida in August and I’m dreading having to share the same room so I am following this thread with interest!
Yes same here, we have looked in to an op on his soft palate/throat and he said no way, put up with it. I am like a deranged/PMS/unbalanced woman when I don't get a good enough sleep like at least 4 hours. Takes me back to when DSs were newborns, not yet sleeping through and waking in night for a feed but this is permanent when we have to share a bed all night! Maybe it's the sofa for me then but really don't want to be wondering around in the night whilst sharing with family! Wonder if the villa has a rollaway somewhere ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bladelia View Post
A bit pricey, but these are great

bose/en_gb/product...sleepbuds.html

Do you have these? Do they work? I’ve looked at them previously and reviews were mixed but if they are good i’ll Reconsider! Anything for sleep!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I sleep with the pillow over my head to drown out the noise but when we’re sharing a room with the kids dh uses a snore wizard, it works really well and we all get a good nights sleep. He doesn’t like using it, suppose it is a bit uncomfortable so he only uses it on holiday. Definitely works though.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Yes same here, we have looked in to an op on his soft palate/throat and he said no way, put up with it. I am like a deranged/PMS/unbalanced woman when I don't get a good enough sleep like at least 4 hours. Takes me back to when DSs were newborns, not yet sleeping through and waking in night for a feed but this is permanent when we have to share a bed all night! Maybe it's the sofa for me then but really don't want to be wondering around in the night whilst sharing with family! Wonder if the villa has a rollaway somewhere ...
Why doesn’t he volunteer to sleep on the sofa? DH goes to the spare room when his snoring wakes me.
He is so bad that the only reason DS and I are staying onsite next year is because he isnt coming with us. I am like you - have to have my sleep or I am like a woman possessed.
When it’s bad, there are no earplugs that can block it out.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List