Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 28 Mar 12, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

I am waiting, Hubby really wants to try somewhere else next year and we've talked about hawaii... but there arent any direct flights there... i wonder if they have stops in Orlando... humm... :P
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 12, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm waiting also, as we've said we want to go next October as well, probably will go for three weeks to OKW if we can afford it, if not then POFQ.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 12, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
SmileysPeople
Excited about Disney

SmileysPeople's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi we are planning and hoping to book for Aug 2013.

Can I ask though: won't we need to wait until September to book the disney hotel, once we can book flights? We can't book a Disney hotel before we can book flights can we?- as we won't be sure of dates/prices flights yet.
SmileysPeople is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 12, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am also waiting! First anniversary trip
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 12, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Originally Posted by SmileysPeople View Post
Hi we are planning and hoping to book for Aug 2013.

Can I ask though: won't we need to wait until September to book the disney hotel, once we can book flights? We can't book a Disney hotel before we can book flights can we?- as we won't be sure of dates/prices flights yet.
I believe you can pay an amendment fee to change the dates, and still keep any of the special offers you had received (subject to availability). I guess it depends on whether you are wanting to make use of any offers that would expire. Presumably the flight prices wouldn't vary more than any savings you would get from, for example, free dining or a discount off SSR/OKW?
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 12, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Opulent73
Excited about Disney

Opulent73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Cant really help.. We went in March last year and didnt see the free dining until only a couple of months before we went..

We went ahead and booked in March for next year without free DDP because they wanted to charge me adult prices for my 10 & 11 year old, who barely eat and then i'd have a 7 year old stuck on kids with not much choice.. so have decided to abandon and pay as we go.. hope it was the right decision..

We found that if you booked with free dining plans it was dearer to stay then, so found a cheaper date.. and go without..

Was really easy though.. with the plan and reservations.. although we went Deluxe (cos we had shows) and it was too much food!

WDW POR FQ- Apr 2025 for 25th Anniversary DLP Grand Magic - Dec 23 & May 22, WDW Beach Club - Jul 2019, WDW Dolphin - Apr 2015, WDW POR Riverside - Mar 2013, WDW Beach Club - Mar 2011, DLP AP holder 2016-2017, DLP Explorers - Aug 2008.
Opulent73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 12, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
SmileysPeople
Excited about Disney

SmileysPeople's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Is the free DDp offer likely to expire before September does anyone know.

What time frame are you usually given to book within to still get the offer?

I'm trying to estimate whether it's better to book to secure the offer be fire flights become available, or whether I can safely wait and book both in September 2012 for Aug 2013?
SmileysPeople is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 12, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Originally Posted by SmileysPeople View Post
Is the free DDp offer likely to expire before September does anyone know.

What time frame are you usually given to book within to still get the offer?

I'm trying to estimate whether it's better to book to secure the offer be fire flights become available, or whether I can safely wait and book both in September 2012 for Aug 2013?
I think it would still be running then, yep. However, the concerns I would have with that are that the flights when they are first released tend to be a bit more expensive anyway, so you aren't even going to get the best price that way. I personally would just book your accommodation and then keep an eye on the flight prices and book a flight when you are happy with the price. I think you can also reserve your flights with Complete Orlando at a set price (although this might be changed at a later date, and if so, you could when the prices are released say that you dont want to book those particular flights). I think price variations tend to be from month to month, rather than day to day. If you stick away from weekends, you will get slightly cheaper prices (I noticed weekends added on about £50 per person with delta).
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 12, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

We are also looking as can't wait to get back !

We are new to this it was our first trip this year but are now addicted ! Where do people go to check when the offers are being released ?

Thanks

Liz
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 12, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Oh yay it's April, so we should all be able to book soon
Closed Thread