Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 14, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
louvb
VIP Dibber

Great stuff didn't realise they would have shuttles running that late😄 excited muchly 😍
louvb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 14, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
heidi987
Apprentice Imagineer

heidi987's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
neither did i
Old 27 Jan 14, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I never heard a sound from next door..we ask for a room on the top floor so we won't have any kids running around above us though.
Actually we are on the top floor now and there are several groups staying and some of them running round this floor. In fairness they do go quiet about 11.30pm which is when we usually stop reading or watching t.v.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
Actually we are on the top floor now and there are several groups staying and some of them running round this floor. In fairness they do go quiet about 11.30pm which is when we usually stop reading or watching t.v.
It doesn't really matter which floor you're on if there's people running around the corridors...I like the top floor because there's no room directly above you.
Security are really good at the Clarion and to be honest I wouldn't listen to groups running around till 11.30..give reception a call.
Old 28 Jan 14, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mibbs
Serious Dibber

Mibbs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hi,
We stayed here in 2012, the hotel was fine, it is cheap and for the money it was fine. The rooms are small but you only get what you pay for.
We never used the restaurant at the hotel but the bar area including snacks were great.The rooms were clean and the pool area was always fairly quiet. I should imagine it would the same in December. All the staff were very pleasant.
If you only plan to use the hotal as a base (sleep) as we did then it's perfect.
Within walking distance to lots of restaurants but a little too far to drive to DTD in my opinion, with children anyway.
Please dont be put off by negative reviews on certain sites as you cant please everyone.
Would i stay there again?, probably not as we stayed in the LBV Hotel & Spa last year and have booked the same hotel this year.
Hope this helps.
Mibbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed there in 2012 and are staying again in November. Great location for us non-drivers, the best free shuttles I've used because they go to all the Disney parks, Universal and SeaWorld, and the Lynx 50 stop is right outside.

Oh and the big bonus for us is it can be half the price of the rest of the hotels in LBV. We've just paid £668 for 3 weeks through travel republic
Old 28 Jan 14, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
heidi987
Apprentice Imagineer

heidi987's Reviews
Hi Mibbs,we to looked at the LBV Hotel & Spa
Old 28 Jan 14, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hi, yes the shuttles at this hotel are brilliant and to be honest are the main reason we stay as I usually like to try different hotels just for a change. Saying that though the hotel is also absolutely fine and we have never had any problems at all. Forgot to say last time we were there the first shuttle to Disney was at 7.30am so you could go for park opening if you wanted to

Edited at 08:09 PM.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink-princess22
slightly serious Dibber

Wooohoooo!

This is where we are booked in at and I have been worried... I read hear a while ago that some free shuttles go to other hotels on route which can get crowded but the clarion one just does direct... It could be different but that's what I read.

For us we just wanted somewhere comfortable to lay our head... Does anyone know if there is somewhere you can buy supplies locally to make your own breakfast?

I'm also wondering is it safe to walk to DTD from the hotel in the evening?

I'm off to google map it now lol!
DLP - Sequoia Lodge - Sept 2018 - Celebrating a 60th
WDW - Port Orleans Riverside - Oct 2023 - Honeymoon
Pink-princess22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 14, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pink-princess22 View Post
Wooohoooo!

This is where we are booked in at and I have been worried... I read hear a while ago that some free shuttles go to other hotels on route which can get crowded but the clarion one just does direct... It could be different but that's what I read.

For us we just wanted somewhere comfortable to lay our head... Does anyone know if there is somewhere you can buy supplies locally to make your own breakfast?

I'm also wondering is it safe to walk to DTD from the hotel in the evening?

I'm off to google map it now lol!
Goodings at Crossroads is a decent supermarket for supplies.
Probably a 20 minute walk to DTD straight down Hotel Plaza Boulevard, which is well lit and safe crossing at lights

Edited at 02:09 PM.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread