Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 17 Apr 15, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by misterh View Post
You cannot overbook a hotel. Last time I checked the number of rooms don't suddenly change... (and the business model is very different to airlines).
I can only assume you don't have anyone you know who works in the business. In the UK, at least, hotels are regularly overbooked and guests are moved to a hotel elsewhere..
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

this happened to me at the B hotel, exact same scenario they locked the suite in two, we had just a sofa bed and it wasn't made and the kitchenette and a tiny toilet and shower, for about $175 per night, crazy, hope you get something sorted

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nicki2014 View Post
this happened to me at the B hotel, exact same scenario they locked the suite in two, we had just a sofa bed and it wasn't made and the kitchenette and a tiny toilet and shower, for about $175 per night, crazy, hope you get something sorted
Was it resolved to your satisfaction?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

I'm with everyone else - this is appalling service! Wondered if it would be worth stopping by the Hard Rock Hotel or going to Royal Pacific and checking with each if they have any available rooms? I find it hard to believe all 3 hotels are fully booked. If either say they have availability I would be demanding that they transfer you for free and refund your money! Disgraceful behaviour! Good luck.
loopylaura is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oh my days! Shockingly bad service for a top notch hotel!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There does seem a trend to use sofa beds instead of proper beds in some rooms in the US hotels now. I wouldn't pay good money for one though.
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Appalling service!

DH has said he would have put his jimmy jams on and settled down in the lobby until it was sorted!

Don't let them fob you off.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
I would be tweeting and facebooking Lowes, no bed at all in the room, Portofino Bay is our favourite hotel and we have had only excellent service staying there
Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
I think a tweet with a photo to Loews would get you a very heavy refund. Can't believe they would do that.

This! Get it all over twitter and we will retweet it for you!

I would be disgusted and beyond fuming it I paid that much to sleep on a bed settee
Old 17 Apr 15, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by The Koala View Post
Hi all, thanks for all your replies - I feel better knowing that other people would have been just as unhappy with the situation as we were and that we didn't over react. To clarify - yes it's just the two of us, and yes there is literally one sofa bed. It turns out that because they overbooked the hotel, they divided a suite into parlour rooms - so basically we got the living room of a suite with a sofa bed and a bathroom. We are in the parks at the moment, but will try and post a pic later. I will definitely be sending an email direct to Loews when we get home with the pictures. Thanks again for the support. We are just going to try and put this behind us now and enjoy the day in the parks. Yesterday was one of our best days so far - spent at the islands of adventure park, and in honesty the hotel really is beautiful which is partly why we were so disappointed. However we are I believe in the minority having had a problem so don't let it out you off if you are booked here.
Half a suite, I thought as much! I just can't believe they would expect you to pay full price for a sofa bed. Did they think you wouldn't notice? Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and take it up with them after.
nolypops83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
I can only assume you don't have anyone you know who works in the business. In the UK, at least, hotels are regularly overbooked and guests are moved to a hotel elsewhere..
But this is a very different model to airlines (that overbook as part of regular service) - there aren't "flexible fares", biz class or delays due to "connecting hotels" being delayed.

Fine - they can overbook and hope for no-shows. And when it doesn't work out they need to pay (or made to pay) big time.

At Universal, and with any hotel, you are paying for an experience - not just a bed with a room in it.
Closed Thread