Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 18 May 15, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

I can't help thinking no matter what we do it'll be the wrong decision. Both me and hubby are gutted, we deliberated so long over where to stay and I'd be really upset if the beach was closed and there was construction starting. They say September and we are there until the 28th. My hubby asked if anyone knew what they did in the first month at the poly and how disruptive it was? I said id ask on the Dibb and see if anyone knew?
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Lpf View Post
It's so annoying isn't it. We only plan on doing 3 weeks and as a split stay once - I won't be allowed more than once with work and I REALLY wanted to stay at WL while ds was young (5 on this trip) as MK is our favourite park.

If we just do 2 weeks in a villa next year and postpone WL for a few years (gutting...) ds will be older and DHS / Epcot will be his favourite.

So wanted a perfect, big holiday after a baaaad year and now it's all tainted :-(
I know it feels like that but it will be fine. We stayed in the poly when Ds was 5 and it was good being close to MK but as a family we all loved the yacht club the following year as well, it was like a totally different holiday.
Ds was the one totally set on WL for our next trip. As I said we switched earlier today and I looked at all the deluxes and we were going to go with the contemporary first, then POR then settled on AKL. We have gone for theming over location this time plus CR was £1k more. I have to say we always ruled out AKL for location but having done a fair bit of research it doesn't seem as far out as I thought.
Even if the main building and pool are not touched during construction part of the appeal of WL was the fact it was like a retreat from the hustle and bustle, it won't feel like that to me with construction.

Hope you get sorted with a suitable alternative.
Old 18 May 15, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
I can't help thinking no matter what we do it'll be the wrong decision. Both me and hubby are gutted, we deliberated so long over where to stay and I'd be really upset if the beach was closed and there was construction starting. They say September and we are there until the 28th. My hubby asked if anyone knew what they did in the first month at the poly and how disruptive it was? I said id ask on the Dibb and see if anyone knew?
The dis boards had a dedicated poly construction thread running through all the building work, you could search for that or have a look at the tikiman website or Facebook page.
Old 18 May 15, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
Just phoned Disney and they know nothing about it! She said that when the Poly was being done they knew a long time in advance but this is the first they'd heard.
Hopefully the permits have been filed but this is a project for the future, not 2015!
I posted the blueprints which have been filed with the authorities on the DVC thread:

http://DIBB.in/10653579
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
The dis boards had a dedicated poly construction thread running through all the building work, you could search for that or have a look at the tikiman website or Facebook page.
I've checked Tikiman FB page but I'll try his website and the disboards thread thank you!
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
I posted the blueprints which have been filed with the authorities on the DVC thread:

http://DIBB.in/10653579
What does that mean in laymans terms? Lol. I was thinking same thing about what it means stage wise with the plans?
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 18 May 15, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
I really think they need to get back to updating the parks now and stop with the expansion of more rooms etc.
Absolutely!

My heart sank when I saw this news; we are staying at WL for one night this year as a special treat - our first time in a Deluxe. We were planning to have a morning in MK then the rest of the day enjoying the resort. It's tainted now, if I'd have known this was happening I'd have opted for one of the monorail resorts.

I feel awful for those of you who have booked long stays.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by MFras23 View Post
Do you know what the number is by any chance?
The 0.5p number for USA I use is: 0844 200 9595

Then use the U.S. Number. The one for accommodation reservations (CRO) is: 001 407 934 7639
Old 18 May 15, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
What does that mean in laymans terms? Lol. I was thinking same thing about what it means stage wise with the plans?
I've just been having a nose on the Disboard and one of the contractors has put a start date of September, which I guess is where that came from. There is a post with initial details of what they think will be the initial stage of development and that involves clearing the trees and area for development, and I guess the screening etc will take sometime too. I know it's a difficult decision for you but wondering if this initial stage would be too intrusive? Plus it could easily be pushed back, or even start late in September?

Don't envy you all your decisions though .
Old 18 May 15, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

If it was me, I'd keep with VWL in September. More than likely it will be pushed back, knowing Disney. The first part of the building work will be preparation.

Not an easy decision but try not to worry.