Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Sep 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

For anyone on Three or thinking of changing - SIM Only

Hi Dibbers,

I've been with Three now for 4 years, without any complaints, I've always went SIM Only and then treat myself to a new handset every 3-4 years.

Anyway, I was up until today paying £12.50 P/month for 4GB Data, Unlim Mins, Unlim Texts and Go Roam package, which I thought was reasonable.

I was having a browse on Money Saving Expert and they have an exclusive offer on at the moment, which I could not see when going to Three directly, which is 8GB Data, Unlim Mins, Unlim Texts, Advanced Plan + Hot Spot and Go Roam package for £9 P/month!

Needless to say I phoned up Three and quoted them the offer and they honored it and gave me the upgrade!

So anyone debating changing their current Three SIM Only Deal or looking to move to a new provider, I'd recommend looking into this.

moneysavingexpert/ph...acts/#three8gb
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Ooooh - thanks! I pay for both DD & I on Three - total of £25 a month for both - that's a nice little saving

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
It depends on your luck who you speak to as they refused to let my son have the offer as existing contract customer but he did get upgraded from 4gb to 8gb, unlimited texts and minutes for £11 a month. I actually changed my PAYG to the £9 deal through Quidco (with possible £40 cashback) and in the process of changing my daughters too. The offer seems to be elegible for cashback only if you are a new customer or changing from PAYG to contract.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
It depends on your luck who you speak to as they refused to let my son have the offer as existing contract customer but he did get upgraded from 4gb to 8gb, unlimited texts and minutes for £11 a month. I actually changed my PAYG to the £9 deal through Quidco (with possible £40 cashback) and in the process of changing my daughters too. The offer seems to be elegible for cashback only if you are a new customer or changing from PAYG to contract.
Was your son in or out of his initial Contract term? as I was out of my initial 12 month contract so was just on a rolling month by month deal, usually that helps as if you're still in your 12 or 18 month period they wont usually offer you it or a new term.
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladleboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Boom,

I have been with Three for years. Paying £13.32 for 8gb, 600 mins and unlimited texts. A quick call to them, saying you've seen the deal on U-Switch (this seems to be the trigger for them offering the discount) and was immediately dropped to £10 with the new deal (8gb, unlimited mins and texts). Very happy with this and my thanks to the OP.

DW and two DS's are also with Three. I will look at their contracts when I get home tonight.

Shaun
Ladleboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ladleboy View Post
Boom,

I have been with Three for years. Paying £13.32 for 8gb, 600 mins and unlimited texts. A quick call to them, saying you've seen the deal on U-Switch (this seems to be the trigger for them offering the discount) and was immediately dropped to £10 with the new deal (8gb, unlimited mins and texts). Very happy with this and my thanks to the OP.

DW and two DS's are also with Three. I will look at their contracts when I get home tonight.

Shaun
Yeh I quoted MSE website and they put me on hold so must have went and checked.
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
Originally Posted by Do5-BaG View Post
Was your son in or out of his initial Contract term? as I was out of my initial 12 month contract so was just on a rolling month by month deal, usually that helps as if you're still in your 12 or 18 month period they wont usually offer you it or a new term.
He was outwith his 12 month contract and to be honest I was going to cancel the contract (he's under 18 so in DH's name) and take out a new one but he wanted to keep his number so for £2 a month I just left it.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
CookieMonster54
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
He was outwith his 12 month contract and to be honest I was going to cancel the contract (he's under 18 so in DH's name) and take out a new one but he wanted to keep his number so for £2 a month I just left it.
You can cancel your contract and easily continue using the same number
CookieMonster54 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
Originally Posted by CookieMonster54 View Post
You can cancel your contract and easily continue using the same number
I don't think it's that easy if you want to stay with the same company as even changing my PAYG to contract and keeping the same number took 4 working days with Three when they say they will do it within 24 hours !
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for this, I’ll be straight on the phone to them when I get back from hols!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List