Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Aer Lingus Indirect Flights - Nightmare

We were originally on Thomas Cook direct flights Manchester to San Fran last Thursday and have now re-booked Manchester-Dublin-LA return with Aer Lingus for next Thursday. Hubby has been tracking the flights for the last few days and every single day the Manchester-Dublin flight has been badly delayed by a couple of hours. I never normally book indirect flights so am getting very very twitchy now about our flights next week.

Edited at 01:17 PM.
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

What is he using to track the flights? We also rebooked with aer lingus and fly from Edinburgh to Dublin then onto San franscisco. We have 3hrs in dublin. I sincerely hope our Edi flight is not delayed. How do I check the daily Edi to Dublin flight? Can I look back over last week and see if it has been late? I am getting nervous about it now.

Edited at 04:34 PM.
shimmers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Hubby has some kind of app on his iPad where he can track any flight in real time, the Aer Lingus flights Manchester to Dublin have been badly delayed for the last 3 days. I hope it's just as a result of all the flight chaos at the moment trying to slot extra flights into schedules to bring Thomas Cook passengers home and that it will settle down a bit next week. We only have a 2 hour stop over in Dublin. The flight today left Manchester an hour late so it's really tight. I have always said I would never book indirect flights but we had to rearrange the trip at such short notice that we were just grateful to find anything for less than £1,000 each
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I did wonder if Thomas Cook repatriation could cause knock on disruption at airports. I also had direct flights originally and the new ones were the best alternative we could get. I am now wishing I had booked an extra day in san Fran to allow for unexpected disruption etc. I will see if I can find a way of keeping an eye on my Edinburgh flight. We also fly on Thursday.
shimmers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Aer Lingus flights have again been a nightmare today and the flight we should be getting on Thursday Manchester-Dublin has been cancelled today. I will never book indirect flights ever again
Old 1 Oct 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cra1gyp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shimmers View Post
What is he using to track the flights? We also rebooked with aer lingus and fly from Edinburgh to Dublin then onto San franscisco. We have 3hrs in dublin. I sincerely hope our Edi flight is not delayed. How do I check the daily Edi to Dublin flight? Can I look back over last week and see if it has been late? I am getting nervous about it now.
I use uk.flightaware.com to track flights
cra1gyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 04:24 AM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Aer Lingus flights have again been a nightmare today and the flight we should be getting on Thursday Manchester-Dublin has been cancelled today. I will never book indirect flights ever again
Nightmare. Surely it cant be cancelled again? I will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. I am tracking our flight (also tomorrow but from Edinburgh) on flight aware and it has been late every day. It is regularly an hour late. We fly 8.20am tomorrow from Edi. Praying it isn't cancelled or so late we cant make connection to san fran.
Old 2 Oct 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by shimmers View Post
Nightmare. Surely it cant be cancelled again? I will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. I am tracking our flight (also tomorrow but from Edinburgh) on flight aware and it has been late every day. It is regularly an hour late. We fly 8.20am tomorrow from Edi. Praying it isn't cancelled or so late we cant make connection to san fran.
Fingers crossed for you too, I will just be so glad when we are there
Old 2 Oct 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
a similar thing happened to me a couple, of years ago with them, the connection to the uk was cancelled- I vowed never to book with them again! hope you get sorted x
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Our flights have gone very well so far. Connection was fine. Boarded and seated on my san fran flight now so all has gone well. Hope you get away ok.