Notices

Old 16 Sep 16, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleBigNose
Earning My Ears

Adults are only kids grown up, anyway!

Hello Dibbers!

It's been a long time since I last posted on the Dibb and a lot has happened. I've been lurking and reading posts and trippies for a while now and I am finally starting our pre-trip report... With 57 days to go!

When we first started planning the trip our countdown looked like this:

And now it looks more like:

Now, the cast for this holiday...
First you have your author, planner and Disney obssessor: me, Suzi, aged 22! Big Disney fan and lover of planning, Orlando is a dream come true for me! This will be my 4th time to Florida, but my first time staying on Disney property.

Next is my lovely daughter Alice, aged 3. Big fan of the mouse, alongside spider man and - Lord help me - Peppa Pig. Very excited for her first trip to Florida and especially excited to go on a plane and Dumbo!

Third we have my mum, or Nana as she's known to Alice, aged miscellaneous (don't think I'd get away with posting that!) when people meet my mum they normally say 'so that's where you get the Disney thing from'. Me and mum are two peas in a pod. Disney, booze and sun and we're pretty happy.

Next up is my dad (RanRad for the three year old that cannot pronounce her g's) hates roller coasters but loves a good parade and will probably be a helpful pair of shoulders for Alice's viewing purposes I'm sure can't wait to go shopping, considering playing a bit of golf whilst we're there and definitely getting exasperated with my extensive planning loves a beer:

But sometimes found like this:

Here's hoping he doesn't read this, hey

Last but not least is my older in years but younger in energy levels brother, Chris. Definitely looking forward to the coasters and will be my buddy for the bigger ones, will probably try a beer in most countries of Epcot and loves a good character meet n greet

So this is us!

The Basics

On 12th November 2016 at approx 1pm we jet off from Gatwick to Orlando MCO. We then have 14 nights booked at SSR on DDP in a two bedroom apartment and we return on 26th November 2016.

We are flying Virgin. Now we umm-end and ahh-ed over the best way to do this with convenience vs budget. We decided to fly directly with Virgin because of a mix of reasons. Firstly my parents had lots of air miles to use so that helped. Secondly I didn't want to fly indirect because of Alice. I've flown indirect before and it IS easy but I don't know what Alice will be like on the plane so would rather not chance it.

The place to stay was a no brainier for us, my parents stayed here before and loved it, I loved the idea of being so closed to Disney springs and my brother didn't care. So that was easy we just waited for the dining deal and booked we booked through Kenwood and got a decent deal. £1200 per person. For SSR with tickets and dining plan, £600 each for flights.
These prices are a bit skewed though. I'll briefly explain: my ex (Alice's dad) was meant to come but when we split he decided not to come. Essentially the prices above include him coming, but I don't know what the price would have been without him because I haven't worked it out

Now in this trip we are only focussing on Disney, that means no universal and that means... No Harry Potter this is bad news. I'm gutted, but I figure I will be going back one day and it will/should still be there. But I want to really do Disney all at our own pace and not feel stressed to get too much done!

So anyway that's my intro to the trippie, I'll update more in the next weeks leading up to the trip!
LittleBigNose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 16, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Brilliant start- you're going to love stating onsite. It's fab with little ones. We are staying in ssr this year too. So excited to try it out.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

All sounding very good looking forward to this trip report. By the way peppa pig is ace I'm with Alice on that one.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 16, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleBigNose
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Brilliant start- you're going to love stating onsite. It's fab with little ones. We are staying in ssr this year too. So excited to try it out.
I'm really excited to give SSR a try too! Especially with all of the new stuff to try in Disney springs! When do you go?

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
All sounding very good looking forward to this trip report. By the way peppa pig is ace I'm with Alice on that one.
We will have to agree to disagree with Peppa :
LittleBigNose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 16, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleBigNose
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Update!

Less than 50 days to go! I've been so busy the past week I've only just gotten around to posting this but here it is. I actually made a countdown out of Mickey ears and stuck them on the staircase, so they went up by Friday:

And then we put them on the wall:

They took forever to make, but they're laminated for future use! Alice loved taking the first two ears down!

So we're now on 48 days to go and everything is suddenly feeling very real

I dug out all the things I've accumulated for the holiday so fa the other day which was very exciting! For Alice we have:

The two t-shirts were a Disney store bargain - half price at less than £4 each!
The leggings were £3 a pair from Primark
And the bag was a gift from my cousin, Alice's aunt who works for Disney! It's a swim bag, so should be put to good use. I'm also waiting for a couple of bits for Alice in the post. The only thing that annoyed me in the Disney store was this:

Two t-shirts for exactly the same age group, two completely different sizes for girls and boys 😩
Old 25 Sep 16, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleBigNose
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I also got a few bits for myself... which turned out to me having more than Alice

Primark bargains (can't remember how much each one cost unfortunately!)

My one Disney store purchase as well - £7.49! (Although I found out later my cousins staff discount applies to sale items too so I could've got it for less than a fiver!)

That's pretty much all that I've bought so far, but I'll undoubtedly buy more before we go!
Old 25 Sep 16, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Have a great time. We love SSR!
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

You must be so excited after waiting this long, I'm loving the countdown idea. Really looking forward to reading your trip report
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 16, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Love the countdown, so cute!
Those leggings from primark for Alice are amazing!
If only they had them in the adult section!
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List