Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jun 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
A dog only comes into season twice a year so they are breeding her to the max, they should only be bred once a year... they’re definitely in it for the money...
I suspect there is more than one bitch here . Can’t imagine they would breed same bitch twice in year.
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When we bought our crossbreed, we thought about what sort of dog would fit into our current life.

Lots of dogs need lots of physical exercise. How many times and how long will I need to walk the dog for? When our children were younger, we had a Springer Spaniel - we were a very active family - camping, cycling etc.

Now, we just like a stroll through the woods.

Another thing for us to consider was that we wanted a hypo-allergenic dog as my sister was allergic to the Springer fur. We looked at these breeds.

We came across Westiepoos - intelligent, loyal little dogs that would fit into our lifestyle,

The term ‘mongrel’ is used for dogs of either unknown breeding or unintentional breeding.

A crossbreed is an intentional breeding of two purebred dogs.

A mixed breed is a mix of two or more intentional breeding of dogs.

We decided on a crossbreed of two characters of dogs. Our dog is groomed every few days and again, this varies on each individual dog.

Good luck in choosing a dog that fits in with your family - there are lots to choose from.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Can I add a suggestion to look into lurcher types, (this is a working dog breed cross sight hound) our other dog (the non border collie) is a lurcher, greyhound collie cross - loves a good hoon around a field or a trot about, but she’s otherwise quite lazy, likes to lay about, or shadow my mum a little. It’s just a coarse of choosing the right sort, a friend of mine has whippet cross Beddington Terrier lurchers, also very chill, a little smaller and fluffier then our one though.
If your not adverse to a larger dog, another friend has a black Lab, he is the most chilled laid back dog, loves a swim, can walk for hours or not at all - he’s lovely, just weighs what my two do put together!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
My friend breeds cavapoos
Two litters a year as a maximum
The next litter being ready to leave in October microchipped first hand complete partially house trained etc
£1500
Is that about right
There is no such breed as a “cavapoo”. That is an outrageous price for a mongrel / crossbreed. I doubt a puppy will be partially house trained too.

Edited at 04:55 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
I suspect there is more than one bitch here . Can’t imagine they would breed same bitch twice in year.
Hi yes your right she has four but only breeds the dogs three times, then they become lovely house pets on the farm, over three years. she lives and breaths them
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Please think very carefully before buying a border collie. They are highly intelligent dogs that need , not only exercise and more than an hour a day but proper training and activities to keep brain active. I speak from twenty years of border collie ownership.

IMHO it also depends on your dog owning experience? Will the dog be left alone at all?

My order of preferences

Labs but u say too big

Cockerpoos seem a nice dog for families

Cavaliers King Charles

It’s such a difficult topic. As everyone has thier own personal favourites.
Hi
yes Ive ruled collies out, and chihuahuas as from reading theyre not keen around smaller children and even though my yougest are 8 I wouldnt want to put pressure on a dog

My own experiance is we always had a dog growing up, always a rescue dog and always adored, strict rules that when the dog was in her basket she was to be left alone as it was her space,
My husband has never had a pet as both his parents worked full time, he has been around dogs growing up though the responsibility will lagrely fall to me as Im stay at home and he is in a shift pattern

we have the lovely nostell priory five minutes away which we are members of for long walks and theres a great secure dog run as well.

I do like labradors (my sister has a golden retreiver and I think theyre like for like on size?)

I spoke to the dogs trust but they say they wont re home to a house with four children and suggested a dog from scratch as it was so its always had a large family.
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Adcro View Post
PLEASE adopt/rescue.
And as I and others have said with children in the house it’s not always possible

Many rescues have lots of restrictions one being no under 12’s/14

That’s and the fact some just want a puppy .. we did and I don’t regret at all

I’m not against rescues my mum had a lovely Lab which was a rescue dog but , he was only in there as his family emigrated, years before she had a mongrel rescue who had a lot of issues many of which weren’t disclosed when they got her.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Ive also seen westie/cocker crosses who look to be good family pets with great temprements
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
So far I’ve read up on
Sproker
Labradors (but too large)
Apro but too much hair
Border collies but apparently the herding instinct is very strong in them
There’s a border collie near me , they also have a older collie and they spend a good few hours outside each day teaching the puppy , he’s a beautiful dog very friendly but he seems hard work

I’ve a chocolate lab we got her at 8 weeks , she was pretty much house trained and she was so easy to train . We’ve our 9 month old granddaughter living with us and she’s fab with her couldn’t wish for a better dog .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you thought about a shih tzu.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List