Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
asheschick2005
I want to go now!

Anyone flown Aberdeen/Amsterdam/Orlando?

We booked though Opodo flying with Virgin (operated by KLM to Amsterdam then Delta to Orlando). Does anyone know if we will have to collect our bags in Amsterdam or will they be checked straight through? They have changed our flight times so connections are tight & I'm starting to stress 😮

Edited at 08:09 PM. Reason: Typo
asheschick2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Straight through. You only collect if you change in the USA.

Amsterdam’s a big airport but it’s all one terminal. There is often security in between the gates though. So be prepared for that. Don’t buy any liquids in Aberdeen.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
asheschick2005
I want to go now!

Mobile

Great. That's a big help. We land at 13.10 & depart again at 14.55
asheschick2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

We are doing the same route in October to MCO, we also we did a stopover in New York a few years ago departing Abz via Ams to JFK, this was also with KLM and then Delta, bags were checked right through to JFK but I do remember once in Amsterdam, Delta had an extra security check at D1 before you could go to the departure gate, we were also on quite a short connection time (45 min) but managed to make the flight ok.

Edited at 01:53 PM.
toonmadlad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Are these types of options a lot cheaper than direct or a connection in the USA, whenever I think of this type of option I’m not sure I could do it, going backwards to go forwards if you know what I mean. However if there was a significant saving it’s something I would consider.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
asheschick2005
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by SgtElias View Post
Are these types of options a lot cheaper than direct or a connection in the USA, whenever I think of this type of option I’m not sure I could do it, going backwards to go forwards if you know what I mean. However if there was a significant saving it’s something I would consider.
For us it was a lot cheaper. First time flying indirect so will see how we get on.
Old 6 Jul 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi Did Edinburgh Amsterdam MCO all went fine , only issue was a bit of a wait in Amsterdam on the way back but worth it for the price and didn’t seem any longer that changing in London

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by SgtElias View Post
It’s not significantly backwards. We went via Paris once. I just see it as an hours flight to my departure. Whether that’s in London / Amsterdam or Paris I don’t mind. It’s easier than driving to Manchester. And doesn’t add much time to the length of the international flight.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
If you live in north east Scotland direct is not an option. Have done this route previously as well as many others through Amsterdam and Paris. I prefer Paris as I like the Air France lounge that my oh gold card gives access to with free champagne and a Clarins facial if time allows.
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have done this from Newcastle before. The time spent travelling east is less than the drive to Manchester and the approx 3hrs in the airport waiting to board.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List