Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jul 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We will be married 45 years in January...all being well.
I was eighteen and two children by twenty one...lots of downs but lots and lots of highs.
We are so different ...but it works😁
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I have been with dh for over 30 years but married 27 years, we have changed looks wise but we still have a laugh and are best mates. We have 3 grown up kids and dh was amazing when I lost my parents, we sit and watch shows on Netflix and eat rubbish, go food shopping every week. If I have any news he’s the first person I tell.
I hope he feels the same i’m sure he does!
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you were best mates. DH and I have been married nearly 32 years. We have both lost our parents and last year we nearly lost him first to a heart attack and then to sepsis after a bypass op. We too have 3 grown up kids. He is my best friend in the world. We share some interests but each have our own hobbies. However, like you we love the simple things like watching TV together or doing the shopping and especially going on holiday. 32 years has gone by in a flash.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kazzykay
slightly serious Dibber

Met hubby 2 days after my 16th birthday, 37yrs on still together,32yrs married and still in love. He drives me nuts sometimes with his moans and groans, but i supposed I do him with my bossiness, but we are best friends, do everything together and I would not change him for the world
kazzykay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I’ve often wondered if I’m not cut out for long term relationships. My marriage only lasted 12 years and my current relationship isn’t great after 17. We’ll probably stay together but for all the wrong reasons. I feel like my life is over and I have only unhappiness in the future. One thing I know for sure, I’d rather be on my own and if we were to split up, I’d not bother with another one. Maybe me? The men I choose? Who knows? I envy those of you who have long marriages.
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
I’ve often wondered if I’m not cut out for long term relationships. My marriage only lasted 12 years and my current relationship isn’t great after 17. We’ll probably stay together but for all the wrong reasons. I feel like my life is over and I have only unhappiness in the future. One thing I know for sure, I’d rather be on my own and if we were to split up, I’d not bother with another one. Maybe me? The men I choose? Who knows? I envy those of you who have long marriages.
I am so sorry to read this. You should not feel like your life is over and there is so much happiness to be had in the future.
If you are unhappy you need to take to your partner, maybe you can work it out or go your own separate ways but you should not stay if you are so unhappy.
Take care x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

We’ve been together since we were 17 and I think by getting together so young means we would either grow apart or grow up together. We are in the grow together camp - together for 35 years and married for 30 years.
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Married 11 years together 17 here
We are best friends
We don’t have any hobbies in common
He’s techy while I can turn the computer screen upside down and not be able to mend it
But he’s my heart and soul you know and me his
He is my happy place and my home
Arnt I soppy
Don’t get me wrong we fight
He slept on the sofa last night for raising his voice at me !
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We celebrated our 50th anniversary this year. Couldn't imagine life without him , it makes me scared thinking I might have to one day. I'm fiery, he's gentle, neither of us have hobbies as such (I sometimes make them up when strangers ask so as not to sound boring... sky diving anyone? 😉 ) We have been blessed with wonderful children and a pack of grandkids but we've suffered losses that almost broke us ,but we hung tight to each other and got through together. I feel that some young people today expect life to be like the films and the books. If it isn't they walk away.
When I married at 19 my mother said to me that marriage was hard enough at times even when you love each other . She said when things go wrong, hold tight to each other, the sun always comes out again eventually. Something I told all my kids too.
Happy anniversary to everyone celebrating and well done to all lovely Dibbers who are "holding tight" to each other 🤗
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

It is nice to watch DD18 starting her way through life and love... she has been going out with her beau for around a year now - we were all sat chatting last night - about me and her dad getting together after a work night out clubbing - after all the guffawing about "YOU - CLUBBING" (I am a mid-50s Professor Sprout lookalike) - we said we'd been young once too, life changes etc...

he turned to her and said - "never mind - we'll still be clubbing when we're 60..."

awwwwwwww... melted my heart - don't know about her?
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve been with my partner since we were 16 (we’re now 30). So for pretty much the whole of our adult lives. We are certainly different people than when we were 16, but we’ve grown and matured together and I can safely say he is my best friend and I couldn’t really imagine life without him.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List