Notices

Old 7 Aug 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Thoroughly enjoyed your trip report, thanks! Hope the redundancy goes ok, been there myself and survived it. Actually work in the railway now not too far from you.

All the best.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Hi Helen
Just finished reading your report; thanks so much for writing it. A super read!
Love Teak as well. Discovered Ace Pineapple cider there!
A few questions if I may, rather than popping them onto the end of each day, I'm just going to slap them all here if that's ok?
1.If you had to choose between AMI and St Petes which would you choose?
2. What age would you say you'd need to be for Kings Landing? Do smaller kids get life jackets?
3. The cooler thing at Volcano Bay: Universals policy is for a collect no larger than 6 x 6 x 4 inches or some such ridiculously small size. Would you def be able to bring that cool Decathlon one in? Did the wheels come with it or extra?
4. How fast can you/ Are you allowed to go in the rented boot on Bay Lake?
5. Weather: i see it rained a fair bit. Anything more than a few hours and /or that curtailed your day (I hear you on the freezing air con!) Planning June for next year.

Thanks again. Tea

Edited at 10:55 PM.
Tea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Really enjoyed your trip report, Helen. Made some notes on things like the radio station etc. As you stayed in one of the villas we will be staying in next year, it was extra interesting for us! Thanks again.
Old 8 Aug 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tea View Post
Hi Helen
Just finished reading your report; thanks so much for writing it. A super read!
Love Teak as well. Discovered Ace Pineapple cider there!
A few questions if I may, rather than popping them onto the end of each day, I'm just going to slap them all here if that's ok?
1.If you had to choose between AMI and St Petes which would you choose? **** AMI but specifically the north of the island. St Petes was great but with a lot more people and facilities. South AMI was more like this. The north however, was like being on a deserted island. Silent, stunning and just stole my heart. We have booked a house right in the north of the island for a whole week next year.
2. What age would you say you'd need to be for Kings Landing? Do smaller kids get life jackets? ****. Hmm. Really depends on the kids. Both my kids are very physically fit, very strong swimmers (50 lengths with no gap, comfortable with sea and river swimming) and emotionally very resilient so the only thing that bothered them was the spiders. We did discuss that there was no way any of the 3 of our best mates kids could have done it for example (they would agree!). If your kids are fit and outdoorsy then they would be fine. Life jackets are available. We did see people doing it as a couple with a much younger kid just sitting in between them though.
3. The cooler thing at Volcano Bay: Universals policy is for a collect no larger than 6 x 6 x 4 inches or some such ridiculously small size. Would you def be able to bring that cool Decathlon one in? Did the wheels come with it or extra? ***** At the parking garage to get on the bus the security lady said as lng as it fit through the scanner it was allowed. We saw lots of people taking the decathlon sized one, and lots of people inside eating from ones the same size as our big square one. If I went again I would take our decathlon rucksack one in. Our big square one we bought with the wheels from Costco but about 8 years ago.
4. How fast can you/ Are you allowed to go in the rented boot on Bay Lake? **** As fast as the boat allows! There are a few ‘no wake’ areas that are clearly marked where you need to power down and float slowly so you create no wake, but other than those you can open it up.
5. Weather: i see it rained a fair bit. Anything more than a few hours and /or that curtailed your day (I hear you on the freezing air con!) Planning June for next year. ***** We did June the year before and had nowhere near as much rain. We are booked for end June start July next year. What we had was never really more than an hour or two, and didn’t change any of our plans. Next year I will be better prepared for going into places wet though!

Thanks again. Tea
Answered next to your questions above. Hope that helps? Any other questions just holler

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year

Edited at 08:54 AM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Helen, that's really helpful. Definitely subscribing to your next report!
Old 12 Sep 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMacc
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Another brilliant trip report! I read your first one as I was planning our first Disney holiday, and we are 6 weeks away from our next one! Thank you x

Edited at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo
MrsMacc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelleh86
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Love your blogs! Can’t wait for your next one. We’re are taking a leaf out of your book this year & trying Glasgow to Manchester on the train & staying over. 😉x
Chelleh86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Originally Posted by Chelleh86 View Post
Love your blogs! Can’t wait for your next one. We’re are taking a leaf out of your book this year & trying Glasgow to Manchester on the train & staying over. 😉x
Great! Works well for us. Hope it suits you too.

My pre trip report is up and running - 16 sleeps to go 😃 getting excited now!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1123861

Edited at 06:34 PM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelleh86
Getting to know the DIBB

it worked out so much cheaper and another adventure.
I can’t wait for your blog I love your tips & it always makes me so excited for my trip! 110 days until we go. This year we are just doing Disney but fancy a holiday with no parks next year. Anna Maria island looks beautiful. X
Chelleh86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

I know - I can’t wait for AMI! At the moment we are saying this will be our last trip to Florida for a few years but I do wonder whether we will change our minds to still doing Florida but no parks. Who knows!

We have actually found we enjoy doing either Disney or universal and not both. We enjoy having more free days to do other stuff. And I find myself looking more forward to Disney this year because we missed it last year.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year