Notices

Old 17 Mar 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Good luck today! So exciting, I love all the planning leading up to ADR day and then always feel a bit flat once it's all done because it seems like there's a long time to go until the next milestone (FP).

Another one praying for some kind of Star Wars event, if there's nothing (which I doubt), I think we'll leave Galaxy's Edge until next time.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Good luck today! So exciting, I love all the planning leading up to ADR day and then always feel a bit flat once it's all done because it seems like there's a long time to go until the next milestone (FP).

Another one praying for some kind of Star Wars event, if there's nothing (which I doubt), I think we'll leave Galaxy's Edge until next time.
We were discussing it this morning and feel the worst case scenario is trying to get to DHS and getting stuck in a queue of traffic we can’t get out of! I’m going to leave the planned DHS days as is and we can see how things play out.

As for ADRs, I booked Be Our Guest breakfast for two of our MK days and will book lunch later in the week when the end of the trip is available. I also booked Liberty Tree Tavern, Yak & Yeti and The Yachtsman. We may cancel The Yachtsman though as without DDP it’s going to be a lot of money. I also went ahead and booked Garden Grill breakfast for our first Epcot day to get us in before opening and hopefully straight onto Soarin’. As you say you always feel a bit flat once it’s done and now have to wait until July for the next thing!

I don’t want to go mad with the PPI money but did decide to book a little treat by way of an airport lounge. We wouldn’t normally bother at Glasgow but our flight time changed to later once I’d already booked an airport hotel plus with us going economy I think arriving 4 hours before to check in will save queue time. We can then relax in the lounge.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'd suggest leaving the car and taking a bus to HS but I can only imagine how busy they'll be, what about valet parking at one of the resorts? It's so difficult as everything is completely unknown so it's impossible to plan.

I'm glad you've allowed yourself a little treat with your money. How long ago did you apply for PPI? I have been waiting for hear for what seems like forever.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'd suggest leaving the car and taking a bus to HS but I can only imagine how busy they'll be, what about valet parking at one of the resorts? It's so difficult as everything is completely unknown so it's impossible to plan.

I'm glad you've allowed yourself a little treat with your money. How long ago did you apply for PPI? I have been waiting for hear for what seems like forever.
It was a good few months ago. Santander take a while. Good luck with your claim!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well having decided we weren’t bothered about Universal this year I started to think about how it might be nice to do a day. I had a browse and I could get a 1 day park to park ticket from Visit Orlando for around £130 each so decided maybe we should just do that. Then I spotted the 5 days for the price of 2 tickets and though maybe that was a better deal. The base ticket is only another £30 each giving us the option of 5 days at Universal if we want it. So as a sucker for a bargain I’ve just went ahead and bought them.

Now to factor Universal into the plan!

Trip Report Index
Old 31 Mar 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Ooo, I've been tempted by these bargain tickets too! We've got 1 night at Cabana Bay (thank you Tesco!) for when my husband and daughter do HHN. So, I thought about getting a 1 day ticket, but when you multiply it by 4, it's still a fair bit of money, especially on top of the HHN RIP tour that we're planning to book. Plus, none of us are all that bothered about US, but I'm always tempted by a bargain

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Ooo, I've been tempted by these bargain tickets too! We've got 1 night at Cabana Bay (thank you Tesco!) for when my husband and daughter do HHN. So, I thought about getting a 1 day ticket, but when you multiply it by 4, it's still a fair bit of money, especially on top of the HHN RIP tour that we're planning to book. Plus, none of us are all that bothered about US, but I'm always tempted by a bargain
It is a lot when it’s a family, not as bad when there’s just two of us. I did an extra shift yesterday, Saturday money and 12 hours so it will go a long way to paying for those tickets. I think because we didn’t go last year it’s more tempting for this year. Not sure about the hotel yet though!

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Apr 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
So new plan factoring Universal is this:

Pre travel day - Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport for the night before.

Travel day - probably breakfast at the hotel as our flight time changed to later after I’d already booked the hotel. Lounge booked to pass the time. Hopefully arrive at CBR around 7.30/8pm. Dinner at food court and unpack.

Day 1 - unchanged with AK EMH and a relaxing afternoon. If we get up mega early we may go to Sanaa for breakfast. Dinner possible resort QS depending how we feel.

Day 2 - unchanged as MK and we’ve bagged an 8.20am Be Our Guest booking. I’d like to venture out of the resort for dinner and I have a list for Disney Springs.

Day 3 - provisionally DHS depending on the Galaxy’s Edge effect. Another QS dinner. We’d like to try the QS at Coronado Springs at some point.

Day 4 - is now a late AK day with dinner at Yak & Yeti and hopefully a safari FP at twilight. I had planned at some point to do iHOP for breakfast but since we’ll have credits not used while at Universal we may venture to WPE for breakfast today.

Day 5 - unchanged from Epcot and I’ve booked Garden Grill for breakfast. I’m hoping that means no FP required for Soarin’. Lunch will be Food & Wine snacks.

Day 6 & 7 are now planned as Universal days. I’ve planned them back to back in case we decide to do a Universal hotel for a night (). I may still consider the SW Dessert Party for Day 7 as it’s my birthday.

Day 8 - unchanged as AK EMH. Dinner is booked at The Yachtsman as I like a resort restaurant on a Saturday night rather than DS. This may be cancelled if we feel it’s too much of an expense, especially with now having to pay for some food at Universal.

Day 9 - late MK start with an early dinner booked at Liberty Tree Tavern. It’s a party night so we won’t be able to stay late.

Day 10 - MK again with this time an 8am BoG breakfast. Dinner will likely be DS at one of the QS places.

Day 11 - now pencilled in for another Universal day however I’ll book some FP just in case. It will also depend on the GE effect how many DHS days we do. We may even do a morning at Universal and evening at another park.

Day 12 - back to Epcot for more F&W snacks. QS dinner.

Day 13 - planned for DHS assuming we’re not avoiding! QS dinner.

Day 14 - MK morning EMH with a BoG lunch this time. QS dinner.

Day 15 - morning EMH at AK and home time .

SeaWorld has now been removed from the plan as I can’t see us having time now.

Trip Report Index
Old 9 May 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well Disney have thrown a spanner in the works with all the Extra, Extra Magic Hours and now I have no idea what to do with my plan! I think maybe it’s a good thing and it almost means that we have more flexibility but I need structure to make a plan!

Anyway, the only real change I’ve made is to swap AK and DHS at the start of the holiday so we’ll aim to tackle DHS on day 1 when we’ll likely be up stupidly early anyway.

I’ll keep our Be Our Guest breakfasts as with MK opening at 8am it means we’ll have EMH to enjoy then breakfast once the park opens. We don’t find it takes that long in there anyway.

Universal I may change but not sure. I had booked Royal Pacific with free cancellation and have now cancelled it. It feels like an extravagance we don’t need. I’ve suggested we reconsider once the Disney part is paid off and if we still think we can manage it we’ll go ahead and book. I’m still thinking we may do SW Dessert party or if they do some other paid for event and want to make sure we have funds for that.

Anyway, on to planning of a different kind. I’ve now started looking at toiletries, clothes etc. Well I say now, I’ve been doing it for weeks . I like to collect sample and travel sizes of different products so have a collection of Liz Earle, L’Occitane and Clarins items that I’ll need to go through and decide what I’m taking. I’ll post a photo of them all at some point .
I also bought this when it was on offer for £36.

Plus, I know you’ll think it’s early but we’ve done this

Cases down from the loft . After the heatwave at Easter we needed to get some summer stuff down so I thought let’s just go for it! Since we’ll only have one bag on the outbound but two on the return we’ll put the smaller cases inside the large ones. We did that a couple of years ago so know it works. I’m going to start popping things in as I buy them.

I’m so excited about packing .

Trip Report Index
Old 9 May 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your countdown is coming along nicely now, less than a month until double digits. I do hate to wish the summer away though.

I am beyond stressed about the Extra, Extra Magic Hours. We were counting on doing Early Morning Magic at MK and HS our first two days, obviously that’s out the window now. Our 8.20 Tusker Hour ADR now just seems inconvenient and I am undecided about whether or not to keep Be Our Guest. It is ridiculous to have myself in such a tizz about something that should be a positive change!

I’m still hoping for a paid for evening event but I did see someone posting saying that this would be a logistical nightmare for Disney as the standby line for the attraction(s) will be so long that they would never be able to clear it in time for an event to start at park closing – it sadly makes a lot of sense.

I’ve started thinking about toiletries etc now, I always pick ours up with months to go too as there’s so much more available during the summer. Happy shopping and packing!