Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 5 Jul 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile House of Blues minimum age?

Does anyone know if House of Blues has a minimum age? We want to get tickets for the British Invasion while we are there, my teens are 16 & 18, can’t find the info on hob website!
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

It looks as if anyone over 12 with an adult
houseofblues/orlando/faq

Have a wonderful time
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

You can sit outside with small kids, like we did last time.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by markpwa8 View Post
You can sit outside with small kids, like we did last time.
Can you hear the band from outside and where were you sitting? I would love to do a concert but have a 3 y old so won't be able to go into the venue for a while!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

There was certainly a band on, but not a ticketed event. Just live music on an outdoor stage.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

That sounds lovely. I can just imagine sitting there with a beer watching the world go by...
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
That sounds lovely. I can just imagine sitting there with a beer watching the world go by...
Exactly... We went on our first evening before Cirque. Lovely start to a holiday.
Old 5 Jul 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
Can you hear the band from outside and where were you sitting? I would love to do a concert but have a 3 y old so won't be able to go into the venue for a while!
They have a small outdoor stage at the side of the restaurant ( think they call it the porch?) with live bands on, it’s free and kids are welcome, there’s also an outdoor bar - we went a couple of times last year and really enjoyed it.
It’s actually not the band I thought it was so we’re not going to go to the concert but thanks for the link don’t know how I missed it!

Edited at 01:51 PM.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by ozzyowl1 View Post
Does anyone know if House of Blues has a minimum age? We want to get tickets for the British Invasion while we are there, my teens are 16 & 18, can’t find the info on hob website!
I know you said you are no longer interested, but I think it is important to clarify a couple of things for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread.

You appear to have enquired about the British Rock Invasion on 19th July. Although you did not see it (insert your own witty Specsavers remark here), it DOES in fact state that this is an 'All Ages' event in the detailed information for this gig on the web site. Their FAQ says that 'All ages' is indeed just that, they merely require under 12's to be accompanied - so your 16/18's could attend on their own. There is a bar inside - when I've been, they asked me at the entrance if I intended to buy alcohol, then checked my ID and stamped my hand.

The outdoor music mentioned by others is outside in front of the restaurant. This is TOTALLY separate from the inside concert hall, which is off to the right behind the HOB shop. The concert hall doesn't do sanitised Disney entertainment - it is a proper indoor rock music venue - and a good one, well worth a visit if they have someone good on. In the past couple of years I've seen The Damned and Sum41 there.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think i was looking on a ticket booking site rather than their own website, on there it just says British Invasion so I thought it was the 60’s tribute which is right up our street, not really interested in the ‘Rock’ version though!
As you point out the outdoor stage is a completely separate/ different thing to the concert hall. We would have loved to have gone but there’s nothing else that appeals while we’re there.