Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Is Anyone else’s partner the same?

Hubby is a very chilled, happy, go with the flow person, never gets riled by anything and lives in his happy little bubble (thankfully, there can’t be two hyper ≈≈≈≈ people in a relationship! ) Which kind of helps with holiday planning as he lets me choose everything and anything, agrees to everything and trusts my opinion on all things holiday related (he is also the guy who was happy for us to move house without checking the new house as said he trusted my opinion , I should add, I made him check it out first! ) if I give him options he will give his opinion, even if he doesn’t remember it a few days later...
He happily listens to me talking about our Florida/other holiday plans for hours.
BUT, he has zero interest in planning himself and is happy to just turn up on a holiday and just explore as we go
Tonight I have quizzed him on;
The dates we are going: early next year, February? Close enough
How long we are going: 1 or 2 weeks. 16 nights!
Who do we fly with: no idea, norweignair? Nope!
From which airport; Heathrow, nope!
Where we are staying; he got some right with a combination of a nice resort villa, then a night in budget Disney, then luxury at universal , then 2 nights luxury at Disney. No further info about what type of hotel or location or benefits...
What car he will be driving; kind of right but not really.

He has always been like this with holidays, yet when we are there he loves them and has a fantastic time, thanks me for making it amazing and talks about it for years afterwards.
He knows holiday planning is my hobby, and he isn’t someone who gets excited until you walk into the airport but it’s is still a bit disappointing.
I say all of this but I am aware if he started putting his ore in I would be a bit

Can’t win hey poor guy?!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Er... are you married to my husband!?!? Or are you me!?!?!?

But, does your dh pass on the Florida knowledge of how to plan the holiday to others, and it sounds as if he has organised it all? My dh doesn't say he sorted it, but just doesn't say I have!
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Lol that I don’t know, but perhaps he in-parts his wisdoms, thanks to my organisation!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband is exactly the same with every holiday, not just Florida. We fly to Vietnam next week for a holiday to see our son who teaches there. We had a conversation about it yesterday
DH Where are we flying from, Gatwick?
Me: no Heathrow
He’s the driver 😂
DH: what time do we fly?
Me: 12.30 lunch time
DH: so what time do we need to check in?
Me: 9.30am
DH: how do we get to the airport from the hotel?
Me: I’ve booked bus transfer
DH: what terminal do we fly from
Me: T2
All of this has been booked since January and I told him all the details
We are staying in three hotels in various locations in Vietnam, DH couldn’t tell you the name of any of them.

He is interested in our holidays and enjoys them, I just think he feels that I enjoy the planning more so he’s happy to leave me to it. I’m not sure if I would like him to help a little more, maybe, but I can’t see it happening 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH moto you plan I pay just put a couple of rounds of golf in when you are shopping and our favorite places to eat and don't forget my golf shoes
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
My DH is very similar although he does know the month we are going, who we are flying with and where we are staying ! His only input really is the main one - he earns the money and I spend it so works out fine.

To be fair, I do try and discuss the plans and his preferences but he's quite happy to go with the flow. This year only DD (12) is coming so my planning is mainly based on her choices which is Universal as last time too short for HP rides. DH wasn't bothered about DIsney so booked MNSSHP for my fix and then he mentioned he would like to revisit AK so ticket booked for that. Problem is even I discuss it with him he doesn't really pay much attention so will print of my DIBB planner once it's finished for him to look at.

We've been going roughly every other year for the last 25 years so whatever I do it obviously works .
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Simple answer... yup. My hubby is exactly the same. Very relaxed, not too bothered but appreciates the planning when we’re there.

He surprised me on Thursday by mentioning he’d like a 2nd holiday during the 6 weeks (he’s a teacher) so I’m seeing if I can find any deals during the last week.

If I ask him if there’s anywhere he’d like to go on holiday his answer is Rhyl. He’s not being flippant as he would enjoy a week in Rhyl but it’s not somewhere we’d go for our main holiday.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Like your partner, my husband just turns up. My Dad is exactly the same, we went to Kenya recently and he had no idea where we were going or what we were doing, except that it was a safari trip.

I like planning though so it suits me to travel with people who don’t want to plan
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like mine too!
He never says “shall we go here or try there” it’s always me that’s says to go to all the places & hes just happy to go! Like you he enjoys listening to what I’ve planned but has zero interest in planning at all.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Boy, it seems we women have all married clones
Almost 50 yrs I’ve been married and every year our conversations are exactly the same.
This year we are going to celebrate our Golden Wedding with the family ( all a surprise for them and I’ve had to arrange ) and he still regular asks

When we going
Where from
How we getting to the airport
Where we staying etc etc etc

He then says it’s always stressing planning all this, so much to remember . All he does is turn up, I even have to pack the cases.

Worse for him as a week after we return we are flying out to Maderia to celebrate the actual date and my birthday, I’ve told him I’ll just remind him closer to the date lol 😂.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List