Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jul 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Zobert
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Is mickeys not so scary Halloween party worth the money?

When we went last year spent a fair bit on little extras like the dessert party etc and wasn’t too impressed so wanted some views before booked this please. Cheapest I can find is £254 when we are out there (2 adults 2 kids)
Zobert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

in my humble opinion, and my smallish experience (12 MNSSHPs) , I'd say it's well worth the money. It's in my opinion the best ticketed even you can get at disney's (better than chrismas parties, after hours, dessert parties, and all)

Now, it depends on what you do with your vacations.

if you're doing a disney centric vacations, like 14 days, park everyday, paying for a 7pm to midnight event might be a bit over the top
at the party you'll get a special parade you can't see at another time, a special fireworks, unique meet&greets, free candies, special photo ops and magic shots, castle stage show, as well as virtually walk on rides all night

if you do parks everyday for 2 weeks, the walk on rides might be a bit lost on you, but also being able to enjoy the park at night is also to be considered

for us, the best use of the parties is to have 2 on each trip. The first one we use to do the party specific stuff, and the second one we take advantage of lower crowds. So I guess you could say we consider it's worth it
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

I enjoyed it the first time I did it, but did it again last year and it was not good at all. They sold far too many tickets and it was just like a normal busy day at the park.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I did it last year on my birthday and enjoyed the evening though I was tired as had been to universal that morning. I got a lot of sweets!

I went to an after hours in January which was my only Disney visit and it was very quiet and almost had no atmosphere but did space mountain constantly for a while.

Doing MNSSHP this time as my only Disney visit and for £62 for 8hrs it is good value but plan to take a bigger bag for my sweets.
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It depends a lot on what you want from it.

We have been twice, (2014 and 2017) in early October and early September respectively.
For me it was worth it to have a decent parade and fireworks, along with the great atmosphere. Shorter ride queues helped as well (though the queues for character meets were crazy)

Our biggest problem was that the girls were too tired and fell asleep in the stroller part way through. I think it would be a lot better value if you stayed to the end.

I’m in two minds for next year, a lot will depend on whether I like the replacement for Halowishes.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

It's good but if you're looking to go meet characters then be prepared to queue for long periods of time which eats into your time of getting candy on the trails.

It's worth if for the experience, probably more so closer to halloween as it's (usually) cooler then and more bearable for dressing up, get in for 4pm and use some fast passes then try and get the characters out of the way early with the 2nd parade to get the most out of the candy trails.

We found that when the 1st parade was on some of the rides around frontier land got really quiet, lots of families with small kids seem to head off after the first parade too.

We done it twice, first time in 2013 and then again 2018 and the whole setup was almost identical so we skipped the parades and tried to get the most out of the characters.

Edited at 08:34 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

It was absolutely worth it for us! (Two adults only!)

OH wants to do it again and we had great fun watching the parade, the fireworks were the best I’ve ever seen and collecting sweets was good fun. We did a couple of character meets purely because the queues weren’t horrendous (we only waited 5 minutes for the 7 dwarfs as we went at the very end of the night!), whereas if you were going specifically for the characters it would have been a very long night of queuing. We only went to the ones we happened to go past and they were quiet.

Hoping to do Halloween again in 2021/2022.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We have done this a few times and have booked it again this year. It's so much fun and something we really look forward to.

I would add though that they seem to have drastically increased the ticket numbers in recent years. We have been to sold out nights in the past that have been very quiet but the last 2 visits were on non sold out nights and the crowds were much larger in comparison. That hasn't stopped us from booking it again though!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So pleased with these positive respones it will be our first time at both parties, the Halloween was a bit more expensive as its one of the last ones. Do you all get dressed up for MNSSHP.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We went 5 years ago and going again this year with DD who will be 13 but it is our only MK Fix so will do mainly the rides and watch the parade and fireworks. As a late birthday treat we have also booked the Dessert Party as I have a problem with my knees and struggle to stand for too long so it is worth the extra for me to have a seat to watch the fireworks and a rest. If I had a 14 day DIsney Ticket and young kids I don't think I would spend the extra though.

Last time we wore customised Mickey/Minnie tee-shirts but no plans for this year (yet) but will possibly just be matching t-shirts.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List