Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jul 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Who's braving GE on opening day ?

Wasn't the original plan, but for the fun of it we're seriously thinking about hitting GE on opening day. (2 adults, 2 teens)
Is this a stupid idea ?

Anyone else attempting this ? If so are you going for the 5am queue job, or turn up at lunchtime and see what the score is then.

Obviously it will be mobbed but just wondering what the general feel is out there about how mad rope drop will be.
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Good luck 😳💪
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

I think if you want to go, you'll have to go early.

IMO they will hit park capacity and stop letting people in around lunchtime.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sieborg
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Our checkout day is the day it opens and I’m a Star Wars nut, but I’m going to give it a miss.
I’ll wait another two years to experience it like I have for Pandora.
sieborg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I don't think anyone really knows! You can't really judge it by DL either as they had a different system in place.

My guess is though that people will be there long before 5am and it will be crazy. Look at what happened with Hagrids (people queued for upwards of 10 hours for that ride on opening day) and I think something along those lines would be a best case scenario.

I do think though if you are big star wars fans that the queue will be a lot of fun as long as you get chatting to others there.

With the 2nd ride opening in December that may ease the crowds a bit as some will wait for the whole experience but this is all just guess work

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
On opening day in California the merchandise queue started at 2am. That was the official start time Disney imposed. They opened the car park at Midnight but you could not queue before 2am.

We went on opening day but had to book time slots. We could not get the opening 8am time slot as that went in seconds. WDW will do a different system though so the comparing of the two won't be possible.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

I'm still not decided. I keep changing my mind. At the moment I'm not going and waiting till we go back in 2021 to see it in full.

I'd love to see it but I'm not sure I want to commit that much time and not enjoy it how its meant to be experienced.
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm sure you cant just rock up. You need a kind of fast pass which is free just to enter the land for the foreseeable future.which needs to be pre booked.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
I'm sure you cant just rock up. You need a kind of fast pass which is free just to enter the land for the foreseeable future.which needs to be pre booked.
Thought that applied to Disneyland only. Haven't seen anything apart from AP holders info for Hollywood Studios Disneyworld.
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Not sure what to do. DH would like to go and have a look but just not sure how crazy busy it will be or even whether they will have a virtual queue. I wish Disney would announce more details as at the moment it sounds like a free for all.