Notices

Old 7 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I was online at the right time today and managed to get Oga’s Cantina reservations on opening day in the evening and the 30th at lunchtime. I am hoping this will mean we can definitely get into Galaxy’s Edge and have a look around even if we can’t do the ride if queues are huge. I have stressed to the boys up to now that I can’t guarantee either Galaxy’s Edge or the Hagrid ride but would like them to have the opportunity if we can.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Seats were allocated by BA today, pleased we didn’t pay as we are all together and it is roughly what I would have picked, 3 in the block by the window and 2 across the aisle in the centre block, fairly near the front of economy. Only issue is the three boys have been put together in the window block, and I need Barnaby by one of us really. I assume we could swap around though
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Seats were allocated by BA today, pleased we didn’t pay as we are all together and it is roughly what I would have picked, 3 in the block by the window and 2 across the aisle in the centre block, fairly near the front of economy. Only issue is the three boys have been put together in the window block, and I need Barnaby by one of us really. I assume we could swap around though
You should be able to swap within your party when you board - Daisy has been given aisle seat but will put her in between us 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

So this time tomorrow we should be almost halfway there! I think we are just about ready, online check in done, and I swapped around which of us was in which seat. Just last few bits to go in the suitcases now, vaguely panicking I have forgotten something! I have used packing cubes after reading about them on here and I really like them, I feel very organised and hopefully it will make unpacking and packing easier in each place we stay.

Planning to leave at 5am to drive to Gatwick to try and be on the safe side for traffic.

I might attempt a live food report whilst we are there as I really enjoy reading them, but I will see how it goes!
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We are safely here, flight was good yesterday but we were late leaving then the pilot had to fly down over the south of Florida as there was bad weather in the Orlando area. That made us 50 min late arriving, then immigration took ages, about an hour from getting to the hall (so much for our previous quick experience of Tampa immigration!)

We were about 2 hours later than I hoped getting to the hotel but it is very nice, just waiting for the club lounge to open for breakfast!

I am hoping to try and do a live food report as well as a trip report but we will see!

Edited at 11:33 AM.
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
We are safely here, flight was good yesterday but we were late leaving then the pilot had to fly down over the south of Florida as there was bad weather in the Orlando area. That made us 50 min late arriving, then immigration took ages, about an hour from getting to the hall (so much for our previous quick experience of Tampa immigration!)

We were about 2 hours later than I hoped getting to the hotel but it is very nice, just waiting for the club lounge to open for breakfast!

I am hoping to try and do a live food report as well as a trip report but we will see!
Boooo to immigration. I remember it well. Glad you are safely there. Have a fantastic trip.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Boooo to immigration. I remember it well. Glad you are safely there. Have a fantastic trip.
Thank you, yes nothing like an hour in a hot room with an overtired 3 year old!
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Trip report started, very belatedly!
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1156068