Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jan 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

MK resort DVC

We are looking to rent DVC early Nov 2019

What are people favourite resorts in the magic kingdom area? We will be two adults two young kids

Thanks
Lynsey

Edited at 11:22 AM.
vitfa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

NOT studios? What does that mean
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Sorry did mean to write that
Predictive text on kindle
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Was NOT meant to be BLT? I'm still not understanding your question - can you rewrite it so it makes sense and we can answer.

Edit- I see you amended it and it makes sense now.

BLT studios are small, fantastic 1 beds but I'd avoid studios with kids personally, albeit it's the only resort you can walk to MK, so that still factors heavily.

If you are set on a studio, I'd probably go Polynesian for monorail if that's important but if you are happy with a boat over to MK and buses to other parks probably BRV or CCV. BRV has more room, but rooms themselves not quite as nice. It's a tough one between the two as I also prefer the look of the separate little BRV building.
VGF great studios but I can't justify the extra points per night over the others.

Edited at 11:23 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

We stayed for 4 nights at BLT in a studio in 2017. The rooms are on the smaller side which was ok for us as we are a couple. If there were more of us I would choose a 1 or 2 bedroom.

Last year we stayed 5 nights at Poly in a studio and the rooms were really spacious and having the extra bathroom was great. The only downside is there wasn't much storage space as they have the pull down bed underneath the TV.

Both of them were great for transportation using the Monorail to get to MK and Epcot.
akhurstf1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Thank you Yorkshire T

I've made it to the point, sorry my kindle has a mind if it's own
I will have a look at the 1bedroom. We are not fussed to be honest as it's only for two nights as and extra at start of holiday

Is BRV and CCV fairly new ?
Old 9 Jan 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vitfa View Post
Thank you Yorkshire T

I've made it to the point, sorry my kindle has a mind if it's own
I will have a look at the 1bedroom. We are not fussed to be honest as it's only for two nights as and extra at start of holiday

Is BRV and CCV fairly new ?
CCV is new, BRV fairly old.

The 1 beds at BLT are fantastic, twice the cost though, but well worth it as substantially larger, 2 bathrooms and washer and dryer inside as well as full kitchen. Once you've gone 1 bed, you'll not want to go back with a family.
You could save a lot of money (and if you go a lot we find it more relaxing) by popping back to BLT from MK (v easy) to have lunch in your kitchen, have breakfast in it and we tend to have a meal on the first full day on the evening as we are still tired on an evening with the time difference.
We have been so many times now rushing about for ADRs, and the overpriced food and waiting to sit down even with an ADR has less attraction for me and my family.

I know all about those autocorrect errors, I have to amend 80% of my posts typed on phone and iPad.

Edited at 12:43 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I'd be happy with any of them, not a big fan of VGC to be honest, it's always reminded me of a 1930's horror film hence we've never stayed there, I can't comment on studios as we stay in 1 beds but I'd happily book a studio at any of the other MK resorts. My personal order of preference would be...

CCV - love the location, so close yet feels completely away from it all.
BLT - location, walkable to MK during MNSSHP or MVMCP this would be #1
Poly - theming.
BRV - smaller and older rooms
VGF - points are too high and just doesn't' appeal.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List