Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jan 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoman88
Getting Excited

Universal with express - How many days?

Hi we are looking at our plans for this July for Universal. We have 14 day ticket and currently have plans to visit Universal for 4 days out of our 21. We will be staying for one night at RPR so will have express pass for 2 of those 4 but my question is how many days realistically should we be putting aside for Universal? Is 2 days with express pass plenty or should I be keeping the 4 days?
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed 1 night at RPR, did most of what we wanted to do in those 2 days with the express. We then went back just to the parks a few days later and finishes off.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have always done all we wanted in 2 days , but I don’t tend to do the really big coaster just watch in awe 😂

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

As I stay at Disney and don’t drive when I’m in Florida I do universal for 1 day with the express pass. We go for park opening till close. It’s tiring but we definitely get everything done. I would imagine you could get everything done in two days with a few free hours each day for shopping, a nice dinner or just chilling. To me two days would’ve been plenty but it depends on how leisurely you want to do everything and how down time you want when there.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We find four nights, one of which will be arrival day, ideal. But we would have Express Passes for every day. So arrival day get a few big coasters in. First sleep. Second day IoA. Pool. Second sleep. Third day Universal Studios. City Walk. Third sleep. Fourth day Volcano Bay now but would have been a Park day. Fourth sleep. Fifth day water rides across both parks then move to WDW. That’s a lovely relaxed way to do it. You could swap day four and five activities. I think I would next time to allow Universal hotel pool time. We’ve stayed at Hard Rock Concierge. Loved the proximity to the parks. And Portofino Bay free upgrade to a Minions Suite. Even though the kids were 16 and 19 we still enjoyed it! I could easily do it all with two nights worth of Express Passes personally. Would find just one night a bit frantic.
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you've said that scoobydooby as in was thinking we had overbooked and get bored. We have 5 nights book at RPR , 2 adults and 2 children 6 and 8.

I didn't want to be racing around to fit everything in and have a plan pretty similar to what you described, the kids would be disappointed if they didn't have some pool time everyday aswell.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Can easily fill 4 days at the two theme parks, tack on water park/pool time if wanted and it will be almost mandatory to have 4 full days.

We loved our 6 days at Universal per trip and we had express passes for all of them. So nice to be able to stop and watch the street entertainment, and have leisurely meals without needing to rush about. Really missed that at our MK day (understand why people have multiple MK days now, but still not my cup of tea.)

Would absolutely stick to 4 days.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I think you COULD do it in two or three days. But for us, we like coming and going numerous times to both parks and Volcano Bay. We stay at Cabana Bay (last year for 14 nights and this year for 9 of our 16 night holiday) - we don’t get bored at all and love the on-site flexibility 😊
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

We have only ever done 1 night at a deluxe to get the express passes and although we did all the major headliners, I really felt we rushed Universal.

This year we are doing 3 nights Cabana Bay and 6 nights RPR to really soak it all up and relax a little
Old 19 Jan 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds perfect... So looking forward to being able to wander and take our time while having express passes for 5 days.

Whilst I love our time at Disney it is different having to pre book fastpasses and at times be marching onto the next planned thing.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List