Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jan 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Vouchers, Old Magic Bands, MDE, FastPasses !

Sorry some questions if anyone can advise - have been through this before but I still get confused over the new FP system and MDE etc. and I can't remember what I did last week let alone 3 years ago...

This is the first time we've had vouchers, which we won't receive, I believe, until a few weeks before we go.
- Can I link vouchers to MDE , anyone done this ? Reference no's?
- Can we start FP booking 60 days out (we have the hotel reservation on MDE) without linking tickets or do tickets have to be linked beforehand ? How does that work ?
- And if we want to use old Magic bands, how do we link those to MDE ?

Thanks!
Chester
Old 17 Jan 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
You can't make FP bookings until you have a valid linked ticket in MDE. Can you not get the ticket references earlier?

For old magic bands, how old are we talking? as they have 2 ways to communicate, 1 using an RFID in the band (which has a end of life) or by touch. So if they are a few years old and the battery has gone, you wouldn't get certain things like auto-videos for rides using RFID.

Do you need old bands linking? as you mentioned 60-days, so I assume you're onsite so would get new bands anyway?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Chester Cheesy View Post
Sorry some questions if anyone can advise - have been through this before but I still get confused over the new FP system and MDE etc. and I can't remember what I did last week let alone 3 years ago...

This is the first time we've had vouchers, which we won't receive, I believe, until a few weeks before we go.
Based on your post, I'm assuming:

You are staying on-site (you have your hotel reservation linked),
You didn't book the tickets as part of a package with the hotel reservation (if you did, the tickets would usually have appeared in MDE when you linked your package),
You booked the tickets separately, probably via a travel agent.

- Can I link vouchers to MDE , anyone done this ? Reference no's?
Yes, you should be able to link vouchers to your MDE account. The travel agent should give you a reference number to link. Or you may have to enter your reservation number into yourparkcode.com in order to get your Disney reference number.

- Can we start FP booking 60 days out (we have the hotel reservation on MDE) without linking tickets or do tickets have to be linked beforehand ? How does that work ?
You have to have tickets linked to your MDE account in order to book fastpasses. Your travel agent should provide your ticket reference number(s) or voucher at least 60 days before your travel date. If they don't then you need to keep bothering them to get them to provide the reference numbers at, or before, 60 days.

Don't be fobbed off with the TA saying that it's someone else's fault why they can't give you the reference numbers before then. It's because the TA has not released the money to buy the tickets. It's their fault.

-- And if we want to use old Magic bands, how do we link those to MDE ?
If you have old MagicBands, they should already be linked to your MDE account. When you go on your MDE account (preferably via the website, not the app), does it not show your old MagicBands? They may be deactivated, but you can easily reactivate them again on the website.

Anyway, if you are staying onsite, you will receive new MagicBands. These will be automatically linked to your account when you check-in and pick them up from reception. You don't need to do anything to link these new MagicBands. You can then use either the old MagicBands or new ones.

BTW, did you customise your new MagicBands? You can choose the colour and the name on the back?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for the responses. Nimbus, brilliant thankyou, and your assumptions are correct. I will contact the TA to get those reference numbers nearer the time.
Interesting that I can't see any reference to the old magic bands - I do remember we had issues before so not sure what's happened there, I may have to contact Disney. We can use the new ones, but the older ones are more customised - no biggy tho - and it sounds that they may not be up to date anyway (2016 bands)

This helps tremedously tho. Thanks for taking the time to respond.