Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile Dcl who to book with

Seriously thinking about booking a 3 night cruise on the Disney Dream in September but just wondering who do you think is the best TA to book with?

Have received a couple of quotes from US based TA's which seem reasonable when converting from dollars to sterling.

Also phoned WDTC and had a chat with one of their advisors and again price in sterling was OK. However the cabins that were quoted were not midships as requested but aft. Rang up as you cannot apparently book a cruise online with WDTC.

Again found there is a Disney cruise .com website which lets you book online.

So which one do you think is the best and why?
Old 17 Jan 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Hi and welcome to the cruise forum (one way in and no way out)!

So, lots of regular cruisers book using a US TA. We personally use Travel on a Dream, (ToaD) and have done since day dot. If you're happy to book in $$$ and be at the behest of any currency fluctuations, then I would recommend them. Many Dibbers use them. Ask for Deb and let her know you came via the Dibb.

If you prefer to pay in £££, then book direct not through WDTC. disneycruise - easy peasy.

Whatever you do, don't book using a UK agent

Is there a reason you specifically want a midship room?

Joa
Old 17 Jan 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the above information. Toad was one of the TA's that I got a quote from.
I requested a midship location as it might be more stable in rough weather.
Is there much of a difference between the various balconies ie 05A, 05C etc.
I expect there will be plenty of other questions later. Thanks.
Old 17 Jan 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We have always booked through DCL direct. Very easy.
This year we have quotes from TOAD (courtesy of Bats)
Apart from being in dollars on current exchange rates they came out about the same as DCL but TOAD offered an onboard credit which DCL don’t
If you are looking at deck 5 I may be wrong but I think there are only cabins forward and aft. The mid ships have the nursery and children’s clubs and have the lifeboats.
We always book a verandah ( I’m quite claustrophobic). Some decks have restricted views from the verandahs hence the categories.
If you have any queries I’m sure Bats will be able to answer them
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Thanks for the above information. Toad was one of the TA's that I got a quote from.
I requested a midship location as it might be more stable in rough weather.
Is there much of a difference between the various balconies ie 05A, 05C etc.
I expect there will be plenty of other questions later. Thanks.
You're really not in a cabin long enough to worry about rough waters and it's not generally rough in that area anyway - the 'worst' bit is the first night when 3 different waters meet outside of Port Canaveral and MAY make it a little 'swelly'. But even then, most people don't even notice the swells.

The letter after a category signifies it's location on the ship, so A will be more midship, with C being aft or forward.

If you go for a Cat 7 or 6 instead of a 5, you could save a fair amount. Honestly, on a 3 night cruise, you'll be off before you've realised you're onboard, it will go so quick. Please don't spend money on an expensive veranda if you can get a cheaper one (or don't have one at all if you've never cruised - you won't know what you've missed that way)!

One thing about US TAs - their price should always be the same as going direct to DCL as DCL do not allow for discounted cruises. The onboard credit from US TAs is handy, but their knowledge is worth lots more. Ensure you choose a TA who has lots of experience of DCL, not just one that can book it for you (if you choose to go that way).

Joa

Edited at 11:19 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked with Small World Vacations and were given $150 on board credit
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Can't recommend Deb at TOAD enough, our TA too, courtesy of Bats. We exchange lovely emails and she always gets one of the cabins off our list on opening day. If the cruise you are looking for doesn't have a midship cabin you prefer it may be they are already booked?
Ask Deb at TOAD to look for you from a list you create by looking at the deck plans.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Also highly recommend Deb at ToaD, we were so impressed we booked our cruise with RCL next Easter through her too and the other week she emailed to tell me that there was a new promotion that she had applied to my booking knocking a couple of hundred dollars off!
With my Disney cruise she has been great for info and also booking things such as my sons birthday cake as well as the OBC.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List