Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jan 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The dessert platter at Mama Melrose really is rubbish, there must be so much waste from it.

Good to see how often you’d switched your QS credits for 3 snacks. We are on QSDP this year but I can’t see us using all of our credits, I’d forgotten about substituting them for three snacks so I’m glad to know we can do that.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The dessert platter at Mama Melrose really is rubbish, there must be so much waste from it.

Good to see how often you’d switched your QS credits for 3 snacks. We are on QSDP this year but I can’t see us using all of our credits, I’d forgotten about substituting them for three snacks so I’m glad to know we can do that.
I really don't like wasting food, but we barely ate any of the dessert sampler. I don't understand why there is a restriction on the dessert here as I don't think the meal is particularly cheap either.

We did manage to change our qs for 3 snacks almost every time we asked. The server here seemed unsure how to do so, but as soon as he called another cm over there was no problem. The only time we did get refused was in MouseGear in Epcot, when we were trying to use up our last credits on sweets to bring home. However, we managed to change 1qs for 3 snacks at our resort shop for sweets and chocolate.

Edited at 04:10 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Totally agree that the shows aren't worthy of a FP...yet last summer we'd done everything we wanted at HS and ended up FP ing the frozen singalong! Ha ha!

How gorgeous is Georgia in her dress, wow, she looks stunning. I'm not surprised she was getting lots of compliments.

It seems you win some and you lose some. The meal at Mama Melrose was a little underwhelming really, but it gave you the great seats for Fantasmic so not all bad.

The daisy pin is really cute, great trading, we've never bothered with pins, but DD said to me the other day that she might start collecting.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Totally agree that the shows aren't worthy of a FP...yet last summer we'd done everything we wanted at HS and ended up FP ing the frozen singalong! Ha ha!

How gorgeous is Georgia in her dress, wow, she looks stunning. I'm not surprised she was getting lots of compliments.

It seems you win some and you lose some. The meal at Mama Melrose was a little underwhelming really, but it gave you the great seats for Fantasmic so not all bad.

The daisy pin is really cute, great trading, we've never bothered with pins, but DD said to me the other day that she might start collecting.
We fastpassed Frozen singalong earlier in the holiday 😂 It’s difficult to get 3 rides in each visit to HS as you can only use one each time on a Toy Story ride, so I think that’s why we ended up using them on shows.

Georgia loved her dress (and the compliments 😂 ) She also drew spider’s webs as eye make up, which looked really good too

Kate should try pin trading, Georgia loves it. It’s fun to chat to other traders and cm’s (especially cute young male ones 😂 ) and the pins she gets all hold memories of when and where she has traded them.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another lovely day, although a little disappointing at Mama Melrose. It's very strange that you can't choose your own pudding, especially as their set one obviously isn't that great! Still, at least you got the good Fantasmic seats out of it

Toy Story Land looks great, the Slinky Dog coaster and all of the theming look fun.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Another lovely day, although a little disappointing at Mama Melrose. It's very strange that you can't choose your own pudding, especially as their set one obviously isn't that great! Still, at least you got the good Fantasmic seats out of it

Toy Story Land looks great, the Slinky Dog coaster and all of the theming look fun.
I cannot understand why the desserts are the fixed sampler when you choose the Fantasmic Package either, as I think everyone complains about them. It used to include a starter too, but now that option has been taken away it seems poor value. I do think the priority seating at Fantasmic is excellent though, and much better than the FP seating which we tried last trip.

Toy Story land makes me smile even now just thinking back on the trip. The theming is perfect, so much detail and thought has gone into the whole area and Slinky Dog is such a fun ride, Georgia and I just laughed all the way around
Old 9 Apr 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List